Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: YLS 2010  (Read 55376 times)

GoldenAfro

• Sr. Citizen
  • Like It's Golden
    • View Profile
Re: YLS 2010
« Reply #650 on: July 03, 2007, 05:56:19 PM »
Is there anyone else who doesn't plan on getting a physical? I don't have a doctor or health insurance.

Me. I called and they said though they recommended you get one before coming, it wouldn't prevent you from getting registered for classes. I have the same problem of being between the undergrad health plan and the yale one.

Yeah, I'll get one when I get there. I'm not made of money, and their health plan is expensive enough lol.  Not that I don't appreciate the fact that the school offers one.
I'm taking my freedom... Pulling it off the shelf... Putting it on my chain... Wearing it 'round my neck... I'm taking my freedom... Putting it in my car... Wherever I choose to go... It will take me far

GoldenAfro

• Sr. Citizen
  • Like It's Golden
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: July 03, 2007, 05:56:53 PM »
tuition has gone up almost 3k--welcome to Yale!

Ouch.

Boo to that. So I may be 110K in debt, instead of 100K when I graduate.  :-[
I'm taking my freedom... Pulling it off the shelf... Putting it on my chain... Wearing it 'round my neck... I'm taking my freedom... Putting it in my car... Wherever I choose to go... It will take me far

One Step Ahead

• LSD Obsessed
  • you say you want a revolution
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: July 03, 2007, 06:00:09 PM »

Ouch.

ick lets hope not.  lets try to get you either paid employment or grants/scholarships.

GoldenAfro

• Sr. Citizen
  • Like It's Golden
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: July 03, 2007, 07:01:19 PM »

Ouch.

ick lets hope not.  lets try to get you either paid employment or grants/scholarships.

Yeah, I am hoping I can work something out.  I wanted to do paid employment in the summer and school year, but then I thought that it counted against your scholarships and not loans.  I'm gonna need to work something out...

One Step Ahead

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: July 03, 2007, 07:07:12 PM »

Ouch.

Yeah, I am hoping I can work something out.  I wanted to do paid employment in the summer and school year, but then I thought that it counted against your scholarships and not loans.  I'm gonna need to work something out...

paid employment in the summer does unfortunately.  I don't think they pay attention to paid employment in the school year.

GoldenAfro

• Sr. Citizen
  • Like It's Golden
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: July 03, 2007, 07:11:03 PM »

Ouch.

paid employment in the summer does unfortunately.  I don't think they pay attention to paid employment in the school year.

Hmmm well maybe I can do paid employment in the school year to take care of some living expenses. Maybe I'll try to be a TA or something my second year.

One Step Ahead

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: July 03, 2007, 07:14:02 PM »
TAing an undergraduate course can be good money.  I heard last year it was 8800 for two sections, 7700 for a writing intensive section, and 4400 for a normal section.  I know of some 1Ls who started teaching their second semester.

attic4fp

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Law School Numbers Profile
« Reply #657 on: July 06, 2007, 05:57:09 PM »
Has anyone heard back from either the YLS Financial Aid office or from your chosen lender after submitting all of that info to Yale like a month ago?

Just wondering, 'cause I haven't heard from Bank of America yet.

GoldenAfro

• Sr. Citizen
  • Like It's Golden
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: July 06, 2007, 07:48:10 PM »
No, I haven't really heard from my lender or Yale fin. aid. I did e-mail them a question, and they haven't gotten back to me. So they probably are either out of the office this week or swamped.  I did get the e-bill though, and it reflected the loans that I am taking out.

attic4fp

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Law School Numbers Profile
« Reply #659 on: July 06, 2007, 08:24:41 PM »
thanks. guess i shouldn't start worrying yet.

maybe I should actually read the e-bill, though.