Law School Discussion

YLS 2010

GoldenAfro

• Like It's Golden
    • View Profile
Re: YLS 2010
« Reply #650 on: July 03, 2007, 03:56:19 PM »
Is there anyone else who doesn't plan on getting a physical? I don't have a doctor or health insurance.

Me. I called and they said though they recommended you get one before coming, it wouldn't prevent you from getting registered for classes. I have the same problem of being between the undergrad health plan and the yale one.

Yeah, I'll get one when I get there. I'm not made of money, and their health plan is expensive enough lol.  Not that I don't appreciate the fact that the school offers one.

GoldenAfro

• Like It's Golden
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: July 03, 2007, 03:56:53 PM »
tuition has gone up almost 3k--welcome to Yale!

Ouch.

Boo to that. So I may be 110K in debt, instead of 100K when I graduate.  :-[

One Step Ahead

• you say you want a revolution
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: July 03, 2007, 04:00:09 PM »

Ouch.

ick lets hope not.  lets try to get you either paid employment or grants/scholarships.

GoldenAfro

• Like It's Golden
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: July 03, 2007, 05:01:19 PM »

Ouch.

ick lets hope not.  lets try to get you either paid employment or grants/scholarships.

Yeah, I am hoping I can work something out.  I wanted to do paid employment in the summer and school year, but then I thought that it counted against your scholarships and not loans.  I'm gonna need to work something out...

One Step Ahead

• View Profile
« Reply #654 on: July 03, 2007, 05:07:12 PM »

Ouch.

Yeah, I am hoping I can work something out.  I wanted to do paid employment in the summer and school year, but then I thought that it counted against your scholarships and not loans.  I'm gonna need to work something out...

paid employment in the summer does unfortunately.  I don't think they pay attention to paid employment in the school year.

GoldenAfro

• Like It's Golden
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: July 03, 2007, 05:11:03 PM »

Ouch.

paid employment in the summer does unfortunately.  I don't think they pay attention to paid employment in the school year.

Hmmm well maybe I can do paid employment in the school year to take care of some living expenses. Maybe I'll try to be a TA or something my second year.

One Step Ahead

• View Profile
« Reply #656 on: July 03, 2007, 05:14:02 PM »
TAing an undergraduate course can be good money.  I heard last year it was 8800 for two sections, 7700 for a writing intensive section, and 4400 for a normal section.  I know of some 1Ls who started teaching their second semester.

« Reply #657 on: July 06, 2007, 03:57:09 PM »
Has anyone heard back from either the YLS Financial Aid office or from your chosen lender after submitting all of that info to Yale like a month ago?

Just wondering, 'cause I haven't heard from Bank of America yet.

GoldenAfro

• Like It's Golden
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: July 06, 2007, 05:48:10 PM »
No, I haven't really heard from my lender or Yale fin. aid. I did e-mail them a question, and they haven't gotten back to me. So they probably are either out of the office this week or swamped.  I did get the e-bill though, and it reflected the loans that I am taking out.

« Reply #659 on: July 06, 2007, 06:24:41 PM »
thanks. guess i shouldn't start worrying yet.

maybe I should actually read the e-bill, though.