Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Davis, Hastings, WTF mate?  (Read 13742 times)

Roman815

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Davis, Hastings, WTF mate?
« Reply #70 on: March 13, 2007, 03:49:08 PM »
Roman:

This has nothing to do with San Francisco or Davis or whatever.  You've just been a feminine hygiene product since you stepped onto this board.  You provoked my ire, and now I'm flame-baiting you for the hell of it.

You are a very decent human being. I am very glad you are on this board with us.
University of San Diego School of Law Class of 2010!

LSN

Le Docteur De Peste

• Sr. Citizen
  • Ashes, ashes, we all fall down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 13, 2007, 03:54:55 PM »
Roman:

This has nothing to do with San Francisco or Davis or whatever.  You've just been a feminine hygiene product since you stepped onto this board.  You provoked my ire, and now I'm flame-baiting you for the hell of it.

You are a very decent human being. I am very glad you are on this board with us.

Davis = [img width= height=]http://www.salon.com/mwt/feature/2006/08/07/apocalypse/story.jpg[/img]

SF =

Roman815

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 13, 2007, 03:57:44 PM »
Roman:

Davis = [img width= height=]http://www.salon.com/mwt/feature/2006/08/07/apocalypse/story.jpg[/img]

SF =

Let's forward that to the FBI. Maybe they'll think that's funny.   **Sarcastic**

LSN

Le Docteur De Peste

• Sr. Citizen
  • Ashes, ashes, we all fall down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 13, 2007, 03:59:54 PM »
Roman:

SF =

Let's forward that to the FBI. Maybe they'll think that's funny.   **Sarcastic**

Lets.

Astro

• LSD Obsessed
  • Happy birthday goalie!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 13, 2007, 05:17:55 PM »
See what I'm sayin'?  SEE?
J, if you didn't bring enough penis for everyone, you shouldn't have brought any penis at all. 

mrsdclare

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - mrsdclare
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - mrsdclare
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #75 on: March 14, 2007, 10:31:37 AM »
Ya mine has been complete for nearly four months as well.  Nice to know that I am not the only one getting antsy.  I also have to wait for the LEOP program which makes me wonder how much longer it will take for me to get word.... ???
Pending:  UC Hastings, USF, McGeorge, UC Davis, Santa Clara

ishi

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 14, 2007, 11:49:29 AM »
excerpt
My friend works on them and this is what he told me. There's basically no movement in the T-30, except for Hastings which will be #27 now.

That would be nice for me if it's true.  I started UG at UCSB when it wasn't so highly regarded  (and got in with so-so numbers).  By the time I graduated, it had ascended quite a bit in various rankings.  Looks like I might be the beneficiary of similar good timing at Hastings (starting this fall).

mjca83

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #77 on: March 14, 2007, 05:36:52 PM »
FYI:  I go to Hastings and cannot disagree more strongly.  As about 75% of my fellow Hastings students decided, Hastings over Davis all the way.  Davis is a fine school, but after one semester, you'll be dying to get out of there for a little excitement.  And the curve isn't that horrendous, especially since Davis' is similar.  Actually, we got an email from the new Dean a few weeks ago to tell us that they might revisit the grading curve to serve the students better.  The new dean is great and soon enough Hastings will be back to where it was before. 

Plus, have you seen Davis' facilities?  As such a well-regarded school, it really could use an update.

Another stat to consider:  Davis' bar passage rate is really low (I think 76%, compared to Hastings 84% -with far more students).  24% of the school flunking the bar exam is alarming.   

Davis is stuck in a bad little farm town.  Hastings is right smack dab in the middle of San Francisco.  In a few years, they'll basically be tied again on USNews, and Hastings has a million alumni to network with.

Draw your own conclusions.

I hope everyone listens to you and goes to Hastings, leaving more spots at Davis for me.

All you kids have fun living in the ghetto of SF, paying $134141431431 a month for a dinky studio, and fighting to stay above the horrendous curve.

Roman815

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 14, 2007, 06:01:56 PM »
FYI:  I go to Hastings and cannot disagree more strongly.  As about 75% of my fellow Hastings students decided, Hastings over Davis all the way.  Davis is a fine school, but after one semester, you'll be dying to get out of there for a little excitement.  And the curve isn't that horrendous, especially since Davis' is similar.  Actually, we got an email from the new Dean a few weeks ago to tell us that they might revisit the grading curve to serve the students better.  The new dean is great and soon enough Hastings will be back to where it was before. 

Plus, have you seen Davis' facilities?  As such a well-regarded school, it really could use an update.

Another stat to consider:  Davis' bar passage rate is really low (I think 76%, compared to Hastings 84% -with far more students).  24% of the school flunking the bar exam is alarming.   

Davis is stuck in a bad little farm town.  Hastings is right smack dab in the middle of San Francisco.  In a few years, they'll basically be tied again on USNews, and Hastings has a million alumni to network with.

Draw your own conclusions.

I hope everyone listens to you and goes to Hastings, leaving more spots at Davis for me.

All you kids have fun living in the ghetto of SF, paying $134141431431 a month for a dinky studio, and fighting to stay above the horrendous curve.

That is some serious trolling. If you would bother to read the posts above you would notice that these facilities are being updated this coming year. Plus, people who fail the bar exam get to retake it so don't get all crazy about a slight variation in the bar passage rate. Using your same logic one could say that 16% of Hastings grads are failing the bar and thus it's a bad school. This is just silly. They are both excellent schools. Plus I'm sure that 75% of the class at Davis made the choice to attend  Davis over Hastings since most people at both schools got into both. Obviously the students at any particular school are going to choose the school they are at over another school because they didn't matriculate at the other school. This does not mean that more people choose Hastings over Davis and if so it's only because Hastings has more seats to offer. If you really want to compare the schools you should look at the number of students who matriculate after getting offers.

LSN

Astro

• LSD Obsessed
  • Happy birthday goalie!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 14, 2007, 06:05:22 PM »
And somehow you still don't understand why you're a feminine hygiene product!
J, if you didn't bring enough penis for everyone, you shouldn't have brought any penis at all.