Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Crappiest shows of the season. Discuss amongst yourselves  (Read 472 times)

jer

• LSD Obsessed
  • i likes gold chapstick
    • View Profile
Crappiest shows of the season. Discuss amongst yourselves
« on: February 27, 2007, 10:52:36 AM »
i don't watch heroes and i don't watch lost.
never seen an episode, so i don't know if they are good or not.

best show on has got to be 24.

but this thread is for the worst new shows, or worst old shows....  basically, what are the crappiest shows currently on network tv or cable, with an emphasis on network shows?

for me, i've watched jericho, and i don't know why.
the guy is a poor choice for a lead character.  he's just not a strong enough actor to carry the lead role.

same with the guy in what about brian.  i like the guy, but i don't think either of these two guys have the charisma to be lead actors at this point in their careers.

Zam

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Crappiest shows of the season. Discuss amongst yourselves
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2007, 10:58:32 AM »
Studio 60; I watched it twice and want those two hours of my life back. The concept for the show is good but the writing is just awful. It's not funny at all, nor do I care about any of the characters.

jer

• LSD Obsessed
  • i likes gold chapstick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2007, 11:00:23 AM »
Studio 60; I watched it twice and want those two hours of my life back. The concept for the show is good but the writing is just awful. It's not funny at all, nor do I care about any of the characters.

is it a dumping ground for old snl people?

Zam

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2007, 11:20:22 AM »

is it a dumping ground for old snl people?

mmm, no, it's just supposed to be about an snl type show; it's a behind the scenes of a high-stress live television show environment. given that it's about a comedy show you would think it would be somewhat funny, or that the show within the show would be funny; no dice.

it has a good cast and the people who created it also created The West Wing; but despite this it sucks.

jer

• LSD Obsessed
  • i likes gold chapstick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2007, 11:22:55 AM »
i saw about 5 minutes of it, and everyone i saw was either an old cast member or someone who had hosted snl.

didn't seem that funny.
seemed like they were trying to emulate arrested development and snl at the same time.