Law School Discussion

Yup, LSDAS has now broken a record 3.67------>3.06

NeverForever

Re: Yup, LSDAS has now broken a record 3.67------>3.06
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2004, 08:59:59 PM »
I just got my GPA processed, if I had gotten just one one-hundredth of a point better I would have been happy.

0.01?  Would that have just rounded up better or something that it makes a difference to you?  Maybe you can call LSAC and negotiate for the extra 0.01 points ;)

It's the difference between a 3.69 and a 3.7. That seems big to me for some reason. Believe me, if I could do anything about it I would. Although, I don't think LSAC would appreciate me harrasing them.  :D

absy

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2004, 09:33:14 PM »
I agree with you for the personal happiness concept (although I would need .02), but I'm thinking/hoping that it won't make a tremendous difference.

Now making the 3.75 mark...THAT would have been nice.

NeverForever

« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2004, 09:40:06 PM »
I agree with you for the personal happiness concept (although I would need .02), but I'm thinking/hoping that it won't make a tremendous difference.

Why, are you at a 3.73? (If you are then that's pretty damn impressive by itself).

absy

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2004, 09:53:13 PM »

Why, are you at a 3.73? (If you are then that's pretty damn impressive by itself).

No, I'm 3.68

swifty

• View Profile
    • LSAT Sucks
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2004, 02:16:57 AM »
:D Maybe Swifty should just call LSAC and let us know what they say

I called LSAC and was put on hold for about 15 minutes.  The guy finally gets to me and says I'm sorry, "please hold for one sec"  He forgot to hit the hold button this time and I could literally hear him trying to pull his head out of his ass.  It was funny sounding for the first ten minutes, then I realized his head was permanently stuck in his ass.  Oh well.  Maybe another day.  I called 911 to tell of his dire straights, but they didn't believe me.   8)

« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2004, 04:36:17 PM »
What happens in the system if I take a class that is to be graded, then petition it to be Pass / No Pass, then Pass.  I heard that counts as a "C"?  Is that possible?  Or does it just not count?

TDPookie1

• the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2004, 04:57:38 PM »
Check with LSAC, but I would guess that it doesn't count, since P/NP doesn't count in your GPA in general.  Out of curiosity, why did you retake a class for P/NP if you passed the first time?  Does that wipe the C off your record at your school?  At my school, if you took a class for a grade, you had to repeat for a grade.  If you took a class P/NP and failed, you could choose whether to take it for a grade or for P/NP again.  The annoying this is that if you take a class for a grade, a D- is passing.  If you take a class P/NP, you need at least a C to pass (a C- would be a NP grade).  That's a UCI thing, perhaps.

newy

« Reply #47 on: September 22, 2004, 05:23:26 PM »
That's a UCI thing, perhaps.

Same at both UC Davis and UCSB, so maybe it's a UC thing.

TDPookie1

• the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: September 22, 2004, 06:32:36 PM »

Where do you go to school that you're familiar with rules at both?  :)

newy

« Reply #49 on: September 22, 2004, 06:51:34 PM »

Where do you go to school that you're familiar with rules at both?  :)

Both   8)  I'm a UC whore