Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: chances of getting in to U of T or Osgoode  (Read 3512 times)

trankel

• View Profile
chances of getting in to U of T or Osgoode
« on: February 26, 2007, 09:23:22 PM »
Hi,
does anybody have any insights on my chances of getting into Osgoode or U of T? (Mature category for U of T but not Osgoode).

MA degree - GPA = 3.79
BA degree - best 3 years GPA = 3.67 (last 2 years GPA = 3.83)
LSAT = 159 and 154. (78th and 61th percentile)

any help (encouraging words) would really ease my anxiety. I haven't heard from any of the schools yet and it's really getting to me!
thanks so much.

MorningStar

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: chances of getting in to U of T or Osgoode
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2007, 12:57:32 AM »
Variables that may the following projected chances may include: PS, LORs, ECs, URM status.

UofT = Very little chance.  UofT is notoriously picky and while you have a strong GPA, especially in your MA, they're going to focus on your Undergrad which is the weaker of the two.  However, the real stumbling block will be your LSAT which is way below their median. 

Osgoode = Moderate chance.  Osgoode is highly numbers based.  The big question here is exactly how they'll calculate your numbers.  They should calculate your numbers based on your best 3  years of undergrad 3.67 + your highest LSAT which counts for one years study 78th / 3.3 = 3.57 adjusted Osgoode GPA.  This puts you in pretty good shape to be admitted 2nd round or towards the summer (or potentially off waitlist). 

I wish you the best of luck and encourage you to think about writing the LSAT again if you are not granted admission to either.  You seem to have a atrong academic record and a stronger LSAT score would completly change your Law School prospects in Canada and the U.S.