Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The Lights  (Read 3715 times)

Sartre1982

• View Profile
The Lights
« on: February 26, 2007, 03:09:05 PM »
My story begins in downtown manhattan at the location of my Dec. 06 test.  I was put in a room with 20 or so other students.  We sat at small desks.  The desks were so small that I clipped my LSAC-approved timer onto my jeans.  Needless to say, I wouldn't recommend doing that as my timer hit the ground and shattered at some point during the 3rd section...

The lowlight of my test taking experience, though, revovled around the lights.  At my test center, the lights were motion sensitive.  Apparently, test taking does not require a lot of motion, for every 15 minutes or so, the lights would go out, the room becoming pitch black.  Everyone in the room would shake their arms rapidly and the lights would jump on a few moments later.  The proctor never found a way to remedy this and so, for the entirety of the test the lights would go out at various times.  I am not sure what is worse though.  The fact that the lights went out or the constant worrying that they were just about to. 

My performance could have been better, and while I am not blaming the conditions, I would like to think that my retaking of the test in Feb. went somewhat better.

The moral of the story?  try to sway back and forth while taking the test...just in case...

. . . . . .

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: The Lights
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2007, 12:24:10 AM »
That sucks

Lindbergh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2007, 01:38:14 AM »

Hilarious.

The proctor never found a way to remedy this and so, for the entirety of the test the lights would go out at various times. 

Hm, what about walking around the room every 15 minutes to prevent them from going out?  How retarded was your proctor?

8MAN

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2007, 09:31:38 AM »
Or how about the lazy, female dog-ass proctor walk around periodically?

walkaway

• Sr. Citizen
  • fuggi regal fantasima
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2007, 01:20:35 PM »
My story begins in downtown manhattan at the location of my Dec. 06 test.  I was put in a room with 20 or so other students.  We sat at small desks.  The desks were so small that I clipped my LSAC-approved timer onto my jeans.  Needless to say, I wouldn't recommend doing that as my timer hit the ground and shattered at some point during the 3rd section...

The lowlight of my test taking experience, though, revovled around the lights.  At my test center, the lights were motion sensitive.  Apparently, test taking does not require a lot of motion, for every 15 minutes or so, the lights would go out, the room becoming pitch black.  Everyone in the room would shake their arms rapidly and the lights would jump on a few moments later.  The proctor never found a way to remedy this and so, for the entirety of the test the lights would go out at various times.  I am not sure what is worse though.  The fact that the lights went out or the constant worrying that they were just about to. 

My performance could have been better, and while I am not blaming the conditions, I would like to think that my retaking of the test in Feb. went somewhat better.

The moral of the story?  try to sway back and forth while taking the test...just in case...

this was the funniest post i have EVER read. I literally started to cry, from laughing.
ave ave history is on my side...

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

almostlegal

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2007, 02:21:13 PM »
Test center complaint?

Steady Ascent

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2007, 03:38:24 AM »
I'm pretty sure that had you studied using the Force, the lights wouldn't have posed an issue. I'm to the point now where I only lose 2-4 points while taking the LSAT blindfolded...

sorry, must have been a horrible experience.  :-\

dagomuscles

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2008, 08:02:02 AM »
I never post, but this thing about the timer hitting the floor had me laughing; add in the lights, OMFGGGGG, I'm dying, hahaha  ;D