Law School Discussion

where to apply?

where to apply?
« on: September 11, 2004, 12:54:42 PM »
hey everyone

i'm trying to put together a list of schools to apply to that i might have a chance of getting into...i already have some ideas, but wanted to hear your input as well.

my interests are in IP law and International Law, possibly Entertainment Law. i want to go to as good a school as i can get into...

my stats are 3.83 from yale, grad school at columbia, fulbright to india for nine months last year.
taking the lsat in october...here's my problem though...at home, i take timed tests and am scoring between 166 and 172. at my princeton review saturday morning diagnostics i'm hovering around 163. some of this is due to sleepiness which i am trying to remedy by getting up earlier every morning...but i suppose i'll score in the mid-160s on the real test.

i'm thinking brooklyn law is reasonable. nyu and columbia are reaches. what do you guys think about the schools in washington dc and in los angeles? any suggestions on what schools i am in the range to apply for and what might be good safety schools? the whole concept of safety to me seems unapplicable since it seems like so many people are applying to law school these days and it is so competitive that i won't be able to be so sure of getting in anywhere...

absy

• View Profile
Re: where to apply?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2004, 01:04:55 PM »
I think you'll be able to get a much better impression once you have your LSAT score.  The range you talk about (~163-168) makes a big difference in an application.  For schools like Duke and Georgetown, that would take you from likely rejection to likely acceptance (I'm going by the lawschoolnumbers school graphs).  My advice would be to concentrate your energies on the LSAT, then decide on schools when that comes in.

Re: where to apply?
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2004, 01:08:59 PM »
yeah i think lawschoolnumbers will give you a great idea of schools that can be your safety.  Just speaking from a very general standpoint, if you scored in the mid 160's I think you be solid in most schools ranked 20 and lower.