Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: American 2010  (Read 8977 times)

kates

• View Profile
Re: American 2010
« Reply #110 on: April 16, 2007, 11:24:52 PM »
Thanks Parischic, great write-up & pics! I can vouch for the cafeteria not being great--I ate there at the March 23 ASD.  :(

Good luck w/ the WL!!

kates

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 18, 2007, 11:16:35 PM »
Hey, did you guys read this thread about section stacking? Since we don't even GET scholarships, I guess it won't be a problem for us! :D Finally, a silver lining!!  :D  :D  :D

http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,86778.0.html

SilentSwirl

• Sr. Citizen
  • Summer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 19, 2007, 12:32:50 AM »
I went to WCL a few weeks ago, sat in on a class and took a tour.  Here are some pics and my review.  All in all its among my faves (I just need to get in off the WL **fingers crossed**), I think that is mostly due to how much I liked DC and its one of the cities in the US that i can see myself living in for a while (along with NYC, Chicago, and San Francisco)

http://onelelle.blogspot.com/

Cheers!

Awesome review!! Thank you for posting it!! :) :)

worrfreak

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 23, 2007, 04:10:54 PM »
I went to WCL a few weeks ago, sat in on a class and took a tour.  Here are some pics and my review.  All in all its among my faves (I just need to get in off the WL **fingers crossed**), I think that is mostly due to how much I liked DC and its one of the cities in the US that i can see myself living in for a while (along with NYC, Chicago, and San Francisco)

http://onelelle.blogspot.com/

Cheers!

thanks for that... i sent in my deposit and i haven't made it down to visit yet

SilentSwirl

• Sr. Citizen
  • Summer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 24, 2007, 12:48:16 PM »
Here are the pictures I took at the school and the surrounding area this past weekend:

http://gallery.faucet.net/AmericanWCL?page=1

There are about 70 pictures back there (don't worry, they load fast!), so you might get more than you really wanted. It's there, anyway, and you can just skip the ones you don't want to see (like the hallway!). Some pictures have a little more explanation once you actually click on them.

kates

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 25, 2007, 05:00:45 PM »
Gorgeous pictures, thank you!! Also, I took a picture of that same blue-shuttered house when I was in DC!! The same exact house!!! This is mine:

How weird is that! I like yours better though - beautiful cherry blossoms!!

worrfreak

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 26, 2007, 02:47:58 PM »
hey guys,
is there any sort of consensus about the best areas to live around WCL?  I know it might be a little premature, but I'm starting to get antsy about finding a place for next year.
Josh

Americanlaw10

• American WCL '10
    • AOL Instant Messenger - UKSoccer525
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - UKSoccer525
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #117 on: April 26, 2007, 10:51:20 PM »
Hey Josh!  I think there are a few areas that you can possibly look in.  AU Park is the obvious area - being that it's walking distance from WCL.  Anywhere on the Red line should be good - since the Tenleytown/AU metro stop is on the red.  Umm...if you're looking to live solo, you'll probably be well suited to look at anywhere from Van Ness, Adams Morgan, and Columbia Heights...possibly Bethesda.

Why don't you send me a PM and tell me a little bit about yourself!  We have a 3BR house put together, so far 2 girls and 1 guy (me)....We could always use a 4th room-mate (cheaper), and I could definitely use another guy in the house!!
Winner Chicken Dinner (Attending): American WCL!!!

Friday Night Drinking Club!!

bajocero

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 27, 2007, 04:14:29 PM »
Well If things keep going the way they are I am going to end up in American. i would like to visit the school too but I just wanted to let you know that in this discussion there has been a lot of helpful stuff. I like the pictures some of you place because they give me an idea of what I am getting into. However, I still think it might be worth to travel. For now I am going to visit Chicago an see if I like it too.

Accepted: American, Chicago-Kent
Waitlisted: Maryland, Rugters-N, UI
Denied: Northwestern, Michigan, Emory
Pending: Brooklyn

SilentSwirl

• Sr. Citizen
  • Summer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 27, 2007, 05:39:19 PM »
Gorgeous pictures, thank you!! Also, I took a picture of that same blue-shuttered house when I was in DC!! The same exact house!!! This is mine:

How weird is that! I like yours better though - beautiful cherry blossoms!!

That's so crazy! I'm actually hoping to be renting the basement apartment to that house (which is why I took a picture of it!), so keep your fingers crossed for me, it's ideal for what I'm looking for!

And Josh - if you read through the rest of this thread, there's lots of discussion about where to live. Mostly around the first few pages, I believe.

That said, remember that your first year there you can't park on campus or in the surrounding neighborhood. So, you'll have to find some other way to get there. There are options: 1. You can live somewhere along the N bus lines which stop right in front of the law school. This seems the most convenient to me, especially if you live close to the stop because it would require the least amount of time. 2. Another option is to live along the red metro line like was suggested above and get off at the Tenleytown-AU exit. From there you would need to wait for the AU shuttle that passes by every 15 mins and takes you first to the main campus and then 6 blocks up the street to the law school.  3. Another option is to drive in and park in the commuter lot near the main campus. From there you could either walk (kind of a hike, especially if it's snowing or cold!) or wait for the shuttle which comes on the hour in the morning and a little more sparsely in the afternoon/evening (you might want to check with the school about specific times because the people during my information session didnt know for sure).

Oh! And I just noticed that only for the first page of my pictures did the labels actually take! Y'all have no idea what you're looking at after that. Oops. I'm gonna go edit that right now, sorry!