Law School Discussion

Advice about re-entering law school

Advice about re-entering law school
« on: February 23, 2007, 11:52:44 PM »

I was in law school Fall of 2004 and basically flunk out because of personal family issues.  However I have came to accept that it was not because I was not capable of doing the work, but that I had to make a decision between school and family and I choose family. Well I have moved to a new location (Atlanta), obtained a job as a paralegal, and I am planning on retaking the LSAT in June of this year.

My question is what do you guys think of my chances of getting accepted into Georgia State University?  How do I go about explaining why I flunked out?  With age comes wisdom and believe me........Anyways I am not one who is use to failing and I was real hard on myself about the situation and just recently I have come to terms with what happened and just want to know that it is possible that I can get a second chance.

Right now I just been studying and preparing myself for the LSAT.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.  Also if you do not have anything nice to say, please do not say anything at all.  I can take constructive criticism, but not just plain rudeness to make yourself feel superior.

• View Profile
Re: Advice about re-entering law school
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2007, 06:35:47 AM »
I honestly know nothing about this, but I think you have to worry about more than getting into law school.  You need to figure out how this will affect your chances of getting the job you want.  Will employers be entitled to see your old transcript?  Will not providing it to them be an ethical violation?  Will they hire you once they see it?  I don't know the answer to these, but I think you should try to find out.  And as for getting into law school itself, I have no idea how it would work, although I imagine it will make things exponentially more difficult.

Stand under my Umbrella ella ella, aye!!

• Exhibiting the discipline necessary for Law School
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2007, 12:33:54 PM »
you can always do john marshall and transfer.  i would explain the situation in a masterfully written adendum.  that said, if you can crack the 25% of any school in the ATL area LSAT wise i think you have a decent shot there assuming you are black and can/will write an awesome adendum

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2007, 10:04:13 PM »
I think it might matter where you went to school before.