Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: A better way to say F*ck you?  (Read 1959 times)

Boss

• Sr. Citizen
  • You've gotta be cruel to be kind.
    • View Profile
Re: A better way to say F*ck you?
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2007, 08:10:52 PM »

In any case, you clearly missed the intentionally hyperbolic nature of my freak-out. 

I clearly missed?  Maybe.  Or you weren't clear enough that you were exaggerating.  Trust me, I've seen plenty of people on this board freak out over similar things.  What sets you apart from any other neurotic twit who thinks his self-worth is based upon his LSAT score and law school acceptance record?  Your post history shows that you have the prestige whoring necessary to be someone who would truly freak out.  In which case, I recommend that you either have a drink or get some prescription anxiety meds.
It's been brought to my attention that boss is my favorite poster  :-*

Quail!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2007, 08:11:10 PM »
I returned a waitlist response sheet with two copies of emails sent to me from the Dean urging me to look forward to a scholarship. I declined to be waitlisted. Is there a better way to say F*ck you cos I'm really pissed right now, suggestions welcomed.

Aww, that sucks.  Just be sure not to burn any bridges b/c you never know when you might want the good connection.

Go get yourself a drink.

This was my main point

Quail!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2007, 08:12:24 PM »

In any case, you clearly missed the intentionally hyperbolic nature of my freak-out. 

I clearly missed?  Maybe.  Or you weren't clear enough that you were exaggerating.  Trust me, I've seen plenty of people on this board freak out over similar things.  What sets you apart from any other neurotic twit who thinks his self-worth is based upon his LSAT score and law school acceptance record?  Your post history shows that you have the prestige whoring necessary to be someone who would truly freak out.  In which case, I recommend that you either have a drink or get some prescription anxiety meds.

Well then, to clarify for all our sakes - it was largely hyperbolic and no I wasn't really actually freaking out.

What do you consider prestige-whoring though, wanting to get into the best school possible? 

kirkcameronsgf

• Sr. Citizen
  • Ever since I can remember, I been poppin' my colla
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2007, 08:19:50 PM »

Well then, to clarify for all our sakes - it was largely hyperbolic and no I wasn't really actually freaking out.

What do you consider prestige-whoring though, wanting to get into the best school possible? 

having sex with prestige for money.

:D!  180

Quail!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2007, 08:24:50 PM »

*&^%...I guess I am a prestige whore

Last King of Edinburgh

• Sr. Citizen
  • Born to rule
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2007, 08:37:18 PM »
Why are you pissed?  Are you that overqualified that putting you on the waitlist is simply unthinkable?  Even if that were the case, there really isn't any reason to be pissed - you're applying for admission, not demanding it.

In general, it's best not to say f*ck you unless absolutely necessary.  You never know when you may need something from someone...

I do understand what you mean though about burning bridges. You make a lot of sense when you say that. However, I understand hushpuppy too. I mean, a freakin' dean tells you twice that you should look forward to a scholarship and then decides to waitlist you? C'mon, I will be overly pissed too and seriously, I really dont know how I would have reacted, probably worse than hushpuppy? I dont know. Well, too late now, Hushpuppy the good thing is, those suckers will know how you really feel. about time someone told 'em the truth. On the other hand, your relationship with them is sour for life. Lets hope it does not spill over.
Washington University School of Law 2010

Quail!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2007, 08:39:51 PM »
Why are you pissed?  Are you that overqualified that putting you on the waitlist is simply unthinkable?  Even if that were the case, there really isn't any reason to be pissed - you're applying for admission, not demanding it.

In general, it's best not to say f*ck you unless absolutely necessary.  You never know when you may need something from someone...

I do understand what you mean though about burning bridges. You make a lot of sense when you say that. However, I understand hushpuppy too. I mean, a freakin' dean tells you twice that you should look forward to a scholarship and then decides to waitlist you? C'mon, I will be overly pissed too and seriously, I really dont know how I would have reacted, probably worse than hushpuppy? I dont know. Well, too late now, Hushpuppy the good thing is, those suckers will know how you really feel. about time someone told 'em the truth. On the other hand, your relationship with them is sour for life. Lets hope it does not spill over.

I understand, and perhaps I did respond too harshly.  No offense was meant, I do apologize and sympathize with your frustration.  Hopefully you'll end up somewhere better anyway

Data

• Sr. Citizen
  • They call me Data.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2007, 08:58:14 PM »

sh*t...I guess I am a prestige whore

Well, certainly there's no harm in that   :)
Yale 2010

Quail!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2007, 09:00:29 PM »

sh*t...I guess I am a prestige whore

Well, certainly there's no harm in that   :)

I can't lie...prestige is a pretty good lay, though it's a bit of a stripper name if you ask me

slacker

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2007, 09:30:54 PM »
I returned a waitlist response sheet with two copies of emails sent to me from the Dean urging me to look forward to a scholarship. I declined to be waitlisted. Is there a better way to say F*ck you cos I'm really pissed right now, suggestions welcomed.

I'd suggest you get over the sense of entitlement, but I don't expect that suggestion to go far.

There was a prior comment in this thread about burning bridges. In some ways, the law is not that large of a community.