Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: A better way to say F*ck you?  (Read 1920 times)

hushpuppy

• That I may be free. I love you Jo'burg.
    • View Profile
    • Email
A better way to say F*ck you?
« on: February 23, 2007, 07:54:26 PM »
I returned a waitlist response sheet with two copies of emails sent to me from the Dean urging me to look forward to a scholarship. I declined to be waitlisted. Is there a better way to say F*ck you cos I'm really pissed right now, suggestions welcomed.
GWU 2010 except Vandy calls

Quail!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: A better way to say F*ck you?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2007, 07:56:43 PM »
Why are you pissed?  Are you that overqualified that putting you on the waitlist is simply unthinkable?  Even if that were the case, there really isn't any reason to be pissed - you're applying for admission, not demanding it.

In general, it's best not to say f*ck you unless absolutely necessary.  You never know when you may need something from someone...

Boss

• Sr. Citizen
  • You've gotta be cruel to be kind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2007, 07:59:44 PM »
Why are you pissed?  Are you that overqualified that putting you on the waitlist is simply unthinkable?  Even if that were the case, there really isn't any reason to be pissed - you're applying for admission, not demanding it.

In general, it's best not to say f*ck you unless absolutely necessary.  You never know when you may need something from someone...

Uh-What?!?!  Didn't you just UCLA to f*ck off? 

Um...yeah, ya did.

http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,83110.0.html
It's been brought to my attention that boss is my favorite poster  :-*

Quail!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2007, 08:00:44 PM »

Um...yeah, ya did.

]

Did I say it to them?  I don't recall sending them something or calling and telling them that.  There's a difference between venting on a message board and saying it directly to them...not really comparable.

Jeeeez Boss

Quail!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2007, 08:02:52 PM »

Um...yeah, ya did.

]

Did I say it to them?  I don't recall sending them something or calling and telling them that.  There's a difference between venting on a message board and saying it directly to them...not really comparable.

Jeeeez Boss

TAINTCAR

I fail to see the similarity between situations

Boss

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2007, 08:02:59 PM »
How do I know what you did or didn't tell UCLA.

Either way, you were extremely freaked out an hour ago.  Then, when someone else freaks out, you tell them it's unnecessary. 

I guess the only person allowed to freak out is you.  Definitely go have a drink or see your doc for some anti-anxiety meds.  You might be cut out for law school, but you're not cut out for the application process.

Jeeeeeeez.

Quail!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2007, 08:04:22 PM »
How do I know what you did or didn't tell UCLA.

Either way, you were extremely freaked out an hour ago.  Then, when someone else freaks out, you tell them it's unnecessary. 

I guess the only person allowed to freak out is you.  Definitely go have a drink or see your doc for some anti-anxiety meds.  You might be cut out for law school, but you're not cut out for the application process.

Jeeeeeeez.

Never said he shouldn't freak out.  But to send that back to the admissions committee?  He can be pissed, but he shouldn't be pissed at them

In any case, you clearly missed the intentionally hyperbolic nature of my freak-out. 

Boss

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2007, 08:06:25 PM »
And for what it's worth...

You resorted to cussing and freaking out because a school sent you an email reminding you to apply for FINAID.  Totally not freak out worthy.

Hushpuppy is deservedly pissed because a school invited him to apply and suggested he would be a good scholarship applicant.  Generally that indicates an acceptance, if not a scholarship.  However, he got waitlisted.  That is a real reason to be pissed.

kirkcameronsgf

• Sr. Citizen
  • Ever since I can remember, I been poppin' my colla
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2007, 08:08:32 PM »
I returned a waitlist response sheet with two copies of emails sent to me from the Dean urging me to look forward to a scholarship. I declined to be waitlisted. Is there a better way to say F*ck you cos I'm really pissed right now, suggestions welcomed.

Aww, that sucks.  Just be sure not to burn any bridges b/c you never know when you might want the good connection.

Go get yourself a drink.

Quail!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2007, 08:10:02 PM »
Sigh, I'm gonna give up on trying to explain that I wasn't really "freaking out" that bad, it was hyperbolic on purpose.

IMO getting on a waitlist wouldn't necessarily be an indication that one still wouldn't be a scholarship candidate necessarily, but I suppose it is a matter of perception