Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Hofstra v. Pace  (Read 2973 times)

JABwaka

• View Profile
    • Email
Hofstra v. Pace
« on: March 03, 2004, 07:00:50 PM »
Does anyone know what the general consensus is regarding which school (Pace or Hofstra) is a better law school?

getmein

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Hofstra v. Pace
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2004, 03:25:58 PM »
I've also just been accepted to Pace and would like to know more about the program.  I understand their environmental law program is top-notch, but I do not know of their overall reputation.

jas9999

• Sr. Citizen
  • Actual Law Student
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2004, 04:22:01 PM »
i think hofstra is generally considered to be better than pace. however, if you have any interest in environmental law, pace is the place to be (in ny, at least). robert kennedy jr. leads the enviro program there. i've read a fair amount of his stuff, and the guy's incredible. i know it's not the field i'd like to be in, so i didn't apply there, but rfk jr. has done more to protect the environment in new york state than anyone else, ever. i imagine he'd be a truly inspirational professor if that's where your passion lies.

marrydavidson101

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 07:53:47 AM »
thanks for sharing this
Marry

CooleyGrad

• ain't no sleep when you're living the dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2010, 12:19:25 PM »
Does anyone know what the general consensus is regarding which school (Pace or Hofstra) is a better law school?

Hofstra -- I had a buddy that transferred there from Cooley and really enjoyed his experience. It is also moving up slowing the the US News rankings.

Have you visited both campuses?  I would strongly encourage you to do so, because it is he only way to get a "true feel" for the schools.  The differences between the to are marginal -- so I would advise you to select the one that you believe you will have the most success at.

CJScalia

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2010, 10:25:34 PM »
When push comes to shove, there's not much difference between the two. Visit the campuses, go where you think you'll enjoy yourself the most.
3L
Law school completed.
Bar exams next.

CooleyGrad

• ain't no sleep when you're living the dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2010, 10:12:37 AM »
When push comes to shove, there's not much difference between the two. Visit the campuses, go where you think you'll enjoy yourself the most.

+1 -- As I said above