Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: IRAQ WAS A GOOD IDEA! what americans don't know. "Washington Post"  (Read 5093 times)

scooby21322

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - cmschube
    • View Profile
    • http://lawschoolnumbers.com/login.php
Re: IRAQ WAS A GOOD IDEA! what americans don't know. "Washington Post"
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2007, 12:09:51 PM »
Rob, I can respect that reason for wanting to pull out.  I don't think that's the best solution, but I understand where your coming from.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2007, 02:48:10 PM »
Yea, that's the answer, pull out and let the country go to hell. This is where so many Americans mess up, war isn't easy, that doesn't mean it's not justified.

Who ever said you have to fight to make good decisions? There have been many great world leaders who didn't fight the front lines in a war (Lincoln and Reagan, or one for the liberals, FDR).

No, the problem is that neither the American government, nor the American people, have the intestinal fortitude to do what is necessary to win this war. We are fighting a domestic insurgent campaign while being bound to restrictions set up for real war between civilized nations. In other words, as long as we're stuck playing by the rules of the Geneva Convention and our opponent is not, we don't stand a chance. This is the reason why we need to pull our troops out... not because we cannot win, but because we cannot win under the restrictions we face.
Want to win in Iraq easily with minimal loss of American lives? Pull out the ground troops, send in the USAF and allow them to level towns that provide material support to terrorist/insurgents. Fallujah? Gone, off the map. Do this once or twice and people will suddenly stop letting insurgents build bombs in their backyards and recruit their brothers and sons to fight this war of cowardice. This may be cruel and inhumane, this 'collective punishment', but we're not dealing with a civilized nation... we're dealing with a group of people who were only kept under control by a tight-fisted dictator. They apparently do not have the capability to live in peace with each other and respect each other's differences... so the only answer is to let the blood flow until those that remain are so sick and tired of the war and the loss that they decide to look for peace.
Anything less is just wasting the lives of american soldiers... that's why war isn't easy and why people are advocating to pull our troops out.
Rob

big fan of killing, eh?

nothing like "liberating" those iraqis.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2007, 02:48:45 PM »
How much violence before we went there? How about violence at genocidal levels??? I think your getting the old Iraqi government and the new one mixed up. Sure, there may be isolated incidents of police brutality, but what country in the world doesn't have these isolated incidents. You can't cite one example and make it a universal truth.

Also, what's with the dumbed down grammar? It's really annoying.

not mock handicapped, cartoon-boy.

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
  • "make a friend who was once a stranger" br.war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2007, 09:32:11 PM »
How much violence before we went there? How about violence at genocidal levels??? I think your getting the old Iraqi government and the new one mixed up. Sure, there may be isolated incidents of police brutality, but what country in the world doesn't have these isolated incidents. You can't cite one example and make it a universal truth.

Also, what's with the dumbed down grammar? It's really annoying.

not mock handicapped, cartoon-boy.

this guy thinks that anwar sadat is still alive...

...mock away!
If you prick us, do we not bleed?  
  if you tickle us, do we not laugh? if you poison  
  us, do we not die? and if you wrong us, shall we not  
  revenge? m.of v. w.shaka                                             speare

scooby21322

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2007, 10:17:34 PM »
Wasn't responding to you bluewarrior.  Fern was talking about how we shouldn't defend a nation that promotes brutality (and implied that she was refering to Iraqis).  I never mentioned Sadat...

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2007, 10:28:56 PM »
oh, so you mean they found wmd in now "peaceful" portions of iraq, did they?  it not necessary to discuss each of many rationales warmongers have offered for starting war.  this only show poverty of warmonger position.

some parts of iraq now "peaceful," eh?  gee, what progress.  and how much violence before u.s. got there?

and, by all means,let's have u.s. soldiers die for iraqi government that tortures own citizens.  it always great to see how much better they doing now.

and your view down to what, maybe 25% of americans?  my my.  imagine where you be in another year.

temper temper...it was just a joke about your weak thoughts on the areas of iraq...dude, take out a map

...going into germany to take out hitler before he massacred human lives in a genocidal fury would have been a good thing...

but that didn't happen and we have words like "holocaust" because of hitler's  dastardly acts.

...warmonger?

to me...one dictator who commits a holocaust is in line for the same treatment as another dictator, like hussein who committed a holocaust.

...this time we took out hussein before he massacred more human lives in a genocidal fury...and even better than that...we took out his two boys...who would have been even worse...civis don't understand why the deaths of his sons were so important.

john fernboy can never ever express the slightest support regarding the afghanistan operations?

watch dip-shite-fuch-head-kum-bucket john fernboy EVER address afghanistan...

he is a true fuching degenerate coward because he doesn't mind that 2740 americans were machetteed to death...torn limb from limb...turned to ashes  decapitated and disemboweled in a matter of 102 minutes...why would he defend those people's families?  even in word...because he doesn't give a shite...he is too scared.

he won't express any defense because he knows that if he were to try and physically defend himself in real life...he is scared that he might catch a beating...and that is the reasoning of a coward...

julie fern is a bad american because he does not support the troops in afghanistan.

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2007, 10:34:21 PM »

what aboutanwar?  eh, fernboy?  is sadat gonna make it...aye heard that doctors found your balls stuck on the inside of his spleen....how is anwar doing, pookie?

hey, and how about that police torture in anwar?  what we fighting for again?  and anwar will blow up soon as british and americans vacate.

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2007, 11:12:02 PM »
Yea, that's the answer, pull out and let the country go to hell.  This is where so many Americans mess up, war isn't easy, that doesn't mean it's not justified. 

Who ever said you have to fight to make good decisions?  There have been many great world leaders who didn't fight the front lines in a war (Lincoln and Reagan, or one for the liberals, FDR). 

No, the problem is that neither the American government, nor the American people, have the intestinal fortitude to do what is necessary to win this war. We are fighting a domestic insurgent campaign while being bound to restrictions set up for real war between civilized nations. In other words, as long as we're stuck playing by the rules of the Geneva Convention and our opponent is not, we don't stand a chance. This is the reason why we need to pull our troops out... not because we cannot win, but because we cannot win under the restrictions we face.
Want to win in Iraq easily with minimal loss of American lives? Pull out the ground troops, send in the USAF and allow them to level towns that provide material support to terrorist/insurgents. Fallujah? Gone, off the map. Do this once or twice and people will suddenly stop letting insurgents build bombs in their backyards and recruit their brothers and sons to fight this war of cowardice. This may be cruel and inhumane, this 'collective punishment', but we're not dealing with a civilized nation... we're dealing with a group of people who were only kept under control by a tight-fisted dictator. They apparently do not have the capability to live in peace with each other and respect each other's differences... so the only answer is to let the blood flow until those that remain are so sick and tired of the war and the loss that they decide to look for peace.
Anything less is just wasting the lives of american soldiers... that's why war isn't easy and why people are advocating to pull our troops out.
Rob

interesting prop...what makes you think that is not part of the plan?
not only taking names now...taking zip codes...more shock and awe to come....promise. ;)

scooby21322

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2007, 11:37:29 PM »
Ah, I misread, my mistake. 

Julie Fern is a man's name?  What is he French??  I guess that would make sense with all the pacifism. 

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2007, 12:06:40 AM »
Ah, I misread, my mistake. 

Julie Fern is a man's name?  What is he French??  I guess that would make sense with all the pacifism. 

no...julie fern is an old poster who has had a few accounts...he is a middle aged balding man...probably peddling old lsat tests and tips.

he used the name julie fern because he is a bit of a perv...julie and fern are characters in the movie JAWBREAKER abut young girls...its a psychological skeet-skeet for him...also his wifey won't let him post personal shite so he hides behind the third person stupidity.

don't think he likes trinidadian americans either...as he uses colorist slurs.

he answers to buster... ;)

and pacifist...please...he just an ordinary run of the mill coward...

seriously...ask him about the operations in afghanistan...he won't address it...he'll avoid it...you'll see.
he hates soldiers...really hates them.

he's about as pacifist as the number of articles he uses in his sentences.

{watch how he uses your words re: french {julie fern} to revert to name calling now
...because you are challenging his masculinity and shite}