Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: IRAQ WAS A GOOD IDEA! what americans don't know. "Washington Post"  (Read 5203 times)

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
Re: IRAQ WAS A GOOD IDEA! what americans don't know. "Washington Post"
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2007, 03:38:53 PM »
Why do liberals always dodge questions about the war by asking when the conservative in the conversation is going to join the military? What does that prove? Last time I heard this country has a volunteer army. That is part of what makes this country great, we can all choose to contribute in our own ways. I personally support the war in Iraq but am not fighting it. This does not make me a coward. However, I do plan on giving back when I have my law degree. I might do JAG or work for a district attorney. These are very good ways to serve my country. Those who have chosen to go to war have made that personal choice because they believe that avenue suites them. An overwhelming majority of them believe in what they are doing. I think that their perspective on Iraq is better than any of ours is.

"liberals" not always say that, but sometimes do because, in part, u.s. running out of soldiers.  it also case that it easy to send someone else off to war.  and because so many conservatives seem avoid fighting wars they endorse.

and you inventing straw men by saying "liberals always dodge questions about war" that way. 

scooby21322

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - cmschube
    • View Profile
    • http://lawschoolnumbers.com/login.php
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2007, 06:04:01 PM »
Who says people are avoiding it?  We support the war that is going on.  Nobody ever said you had to take part in something to endorse it. 

You yourself dodged the question.  You never did address the original post. 

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2007, 07:25:27 PM »
julie not say they avoid iraq, necessarily.  let's start with gump and darth cheney.  how much fighting they do in vietnam, which they supported?

and army clearly shorthanded, so obviously there lots of people--like you--who support war but not choose to fight.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2007, 07:28:23 PM »

You yourself dodged the question. You never did address the original post.

sure julie did.  bluecoward's whole thing is to get america to fight kurds' war, even as kurds have no intention of staying part of iraq.

hey, and how about that police torture in anwar?  what we fighting for again?  and anwar will blow up soon as british and americans vacate.

scooby21322

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2007, 10:12:08 PM »
Yea, that's the answer, pull out and let the country go to hell.  This is where so many Americans mess up, war isn't easy, that doesn't mean it's not justified. 

Who ever said you have to fight to make good decisions?  There have been many great world leaders who didn't fight the front lines in a war (Lincoln and Reagan, or one for the liberals, FDR). 

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
  • "make a friend who was once a stranger" br.war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2007, 11:24:42 PM »
Who says people are avoiding it?  We support the war that is going on.  Nobody ever said you had to take part in something to endorse it. 

You yourself dodged the question.  You never did address the original post. 

female private part fern can't answer the question... he's like the guy in the bar with the loud mouth who eventually gets the shite kicked out of him...so smart that he didn't know he couldn't defend himself.

and this is john's response:

sure julie did.  bluecoward's whole thing is to get america to fight kurds' war, even as kurds have no intention of staying part of iraq.

hey, and how about that police torture in anwar?  what we fighting for again?  and anwar will blow up soon as british and americans vacate.

cowardly ducks even your question...

good thing is...liberal pansies like buster are not running the show...

...eventually buster fern will call you some name or hypocorism since you already got him on the ropes...that is his trademark "throwing in the towel." when he sees his remarks are flawed or ineffectual. most are stupid. ::)

...scooby, you are a pulverous american! keep up the good work!
If you prick us, do we not bleed?  
  if you tickle us, do we not laugh? if you poison  
  us, do we not die? and if you wrong us, shall we not  
  revenge? m.of v. w.shaka                                             speare

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
  • "make a friend who was once a stranger" br.war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2007, 11:35:53 PM »

so sadat was being tortured by police...and when brits and americans leave he is going to blow himself up?

come on dumbputz...sadat has been dead for years.

stop spreading lies...

If you prick us, do we not bleed?  
  if you tickle us, do we not laugh? if you poison  
  us, do we not die? and if you wrong us, shall we not  
  revenge? m.of v. w.shaka                                             speare

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2007, 05:33:02 AM »
oh, so you mean they found wmd in now "peaceful" portions of iraq, did they?  it not necessary to discuss each of many rationales warmongers have offered for starting war.  this only show poverty of warmonger position.

some parts of iraq now "peaceful," eh?  gee, what progress.  and how much violence before u.s. got there?

and, by all means,let's have u.s. soldiers die for iraqi government that tortures own citizens.  it always great to see how much better they doing now.

and your view down to what, maybe 25% of americans?  my my.  imagine where you be in another year.

RobWreck

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2007, 12:06:33 PM »
Yea, that's the answer, pull out and let the country go to hell.  This is where so many Americans mess up, war isn't easy, that doesn't mean it's not justified. 

Who ever said you have to fight to make good decisions?  There have been many great world leaders who didn't fight the front lines in a war (Lincoln and Reagan, or one for the liberals, FDR). 

No, the problem is that neither the American government, nor the American people, have the intestinal fortitude to do what is necessary to win this war. We are fighting a domestic insurgent campaign while being bound to restrictions set up for real war between civilized nations. In other words, as long as we're stuck playing by the rules of the Geneva Convention and our opponent is not, we don't stand a chance. This is the reason why we need to pull our troops out... not because we cannot win, but because we cannot win under the restrictions we face.
Want to win in Iraq easily with minimal loss of American lives? Pull out the ground troops, send in the USAF and allow them to level towns that provide material support to terrorist/insurgents. Fallujah? Gone, off the map. Do this once or twice and people will suddenly stop letting insurgents build bombs in their backyards and recruit their brothers and sons to fight this war of cowardice. This may be cruel and inhumane, this 'collective punishment', but we're not dealing with a civilized nation... we're dealing with a group of people who were only kept under control by a tight-fisted dictator. They apparently do not have the capability to live in peace with each other and respect each other's differences... so the only answer is to let the blood flow until those that remain are so sick and tired of the war and the loss that they decide to look for peace.
Anything less is just wasting the lives of american soldiers... that's why war isn't easy and why people are advocating to pull our troops out.
Rob
St. John's University School of Law '11
Part-time PM Division
Admitted in NY

scooby21322

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2007, 12:07:46 PM »
How much violence before we went there?  How about violence at genocidal levels???  I think your getting the old Iraqi government and the new one mixed up.  Sure, there may be isolated incidents of police brutality, but what country in the world doesn't have these isolated incidents.  You can't cite one example and make it a universal truth.

Also, what's with the dumbed down grammar?  It's really annoying.