Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: how the heck are you guys getting fee waivers??  (Read 6178 times)

junebug

how the heck are you guys getting fee waivers??
« on: September 11, 2004, 12:34:06 AM »

do schools just knock down your door and offer them to you?  do you need to have taken the LSAT already?  i would like some waivers..   >:(. those applications fees are looking pretty pricey and i'll take a chance and apply to a school if they're going to waive the fee. 

lexylit

Re: how the heck are you guys getting fee waivers??
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2004, 12:35:11 AM »
usually you need an lsat score, yes. but we know people who took the december lsat and the waivers arrived promptly thereafter, so it isnt like youre too late.

junebug

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2004, 12:37:22 AM »
thanks lexy...

yet another motivating reason to study harder for the lsats   ::)

giffy

• Sr. Citizen
  • Mo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2004, 12:45:22 AM »
I have gotten a few, but unfortunatly they are for schools I am not planning on applying to, might though now cuz its free. By the way this is my first post here. Spent a bit of time purusing the posts back a bit. definitly some excellent info here.

junebug

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2004, 12:51:39 AM »
welcome... i'm relatively new here too  :)

as i read through posts, it's scary to realize just how much info is out there and how clueless i am  :-[  but i'm leanring more and more everyday.  hehe.  just wish i had discovered this site earlier.

M2

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2004, 01:09:06 AM »
You may think "wow I am glad i found this site" but a few months from now you will wish you never had.

//posted at 1:10am when i should be sleeping

dr_draino

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2004, 01:09:43 AM »
junebug...I just decided about 5 weeks ago that I'd apply for law school this year...I went from clueless to not so clueless pretty darn quickly, don't worry...the amount of info, paranoia and overacievement on this board is pretty crazy.

welcome... i'm relatively new here too  :)

as i read through posts, it's scary to realize just how much info is out there and how clueless i am  :-[  but i'm leanring more and more everyday.  hehe.  just wish i had discovered this site earlier.

giffy

• Sr. Citizen
  • Mo
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2004, 01:28:26 AM »
I know that "just decided to go to law school thing" quite well. Last year I was finishing my undergrad and getting ready to start my grad work in political science, which I am doign now by the way. I signed up for and wandered in to take the LSAT not really knowing what to expect. After that I sort of put the LS thing on the back burner untill a week ago when I started going though to get applications in order. 

I also udnerstand the paranoia thing. I remember going into the LSAT and seeing people dressed in suits with a timer in front of them and about 20 some pencils. I felt awfly out of place given that I was wearing a step above sweats, had to scrounge around the car for pencils before the test and barely knew what I was getting into. To each there own though. I have to say though that site is an invaluable resource for undersnding this whole application process. he peopel here for the most part seem like very helpful and nice people who are very knowledgable about LS aplications.

foxnewssucks

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2004, 01:32:51 AM »
who the hell wears a suit to the LSAT?  @#!* THAT.   ???

lexylit

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2004, 01:39:30 AM »
i hope you mean those velour hollywood stretchy suits that j. lo and madonna wear

did they say JUICY on the ass?