Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Best IP Programs in Cali  (Read 1461 times)

Calibound

• Click Profile to change this text.
    • View Profile
Best IP Programs in Cali
« on: August 28, 2003, 09:18:44 AM »
I'm researching Cali schools and I want to know if anyone know which school has the best IP program. I've been researching Pepperdine, USC, Southwestern, any Loyola. I know that these school all are in different tiers, but if the program is good I don't care about the schools tier placement.

-Erin

Ivy_Hopeful

• Sr. Citizen
  • Final UGPA 3.894 / LSAT 141
    • MSN Messenger - dduncan81@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Dduncan81
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Derryp999
    • View Profile
    • A website that I built and maintain.
Re: Best IP Programs in Cali
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2003, 06:11:16 PM »
I have all of the most promising catalogs for 2002-2003 and IVY catalogs for 2003-2004 after browsing through them here is what I found regarding these schools and Intellectual Property law:

Pepperdine is a public policy law school and specializes in public interest and intellectual genres of law (like IP) 3rd tier

USC offers many types of IP career seminars specifically geared towards those who wish to become IP lawyers. (rank 18th Top tier)

and the only Loyala Schools I have are located in IL and Loisianna so there out of the question since you are looking for local accredidation

Among the list of schools in CA you haven't metioned:

Santa Clara (rank 91st 2nd tier) offers over 20 different IP courses to help mold your career, no mention, however, of any specialty in IP law

UC Davis is overall a good school qand centerally located for all programs around the Cali area (including IP programs)

USF (rank 97th low 2nd tier) on the other hand offers much growth in IP law especially located minutes away from Silicon Valley, also room to prosper and enrich your cirriculum in IP studies

I do not have SW however, they are okay in IP in comparison

SO overall I would choose USF over them all based on your interests and location for immediate growth potential (since you are not worried about tiers even though this is technically 2nd tier top 100) That is my researched advice Hope this shed some light on your researching Cali law schools.  :)  
Winners: Cooley w/$, UDM
Losers: MSU, DePaul, NYLS, UI, Georegtown, WSU, PSU, Kent, Cleavland State, ASU
In Limbo + Purgatory: N/A

Law School Numbers.com

LSD Debut UGPA 3.651 Final UGPA 3.894 / LSAT October 1st, 2005: 141

Calibound

• Click Profile to change this text.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2003, 12:37:38 PM »
I thought USF was a 3rd tier so I will have to double check that, but I may stand corrected. Thanks for the help. Twice ;D

Ivy_Hopeful

• Sr. Citizen
  • Final UGPA 3.894 / LSAT 141
    • MSN Messenger - dduncan81@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Dduncan81
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Derryp999
    • View Profile
    • A website that I built and maintain.
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2003, 11:31:53 PM »
Last I checked (which was about three weeks ago) it was ranked 97th so very close to third tier but not quite (assuming 1-50 is 1st tier 51-100 2nd tier and below you have 3rd and fourth tier accordingly) But you are welcome to check on it and more importantly you are welcome twice  ;D ;D
Winners: Cooley w/$, UDM
Losers: MSU, DePaul, NYLS, UI, Georegtown, WSU, PSU, Kent, Cleavland State, ASU
In Limbo + Purgatory: N/A

Law School Numbers.com

LSD Debut UGPA 3.651 Final UGPA 3.894 / LSAT October 1st, 2005: 141

Jared

Re:Best IP Programs in Cali
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2003, 02:21:48 PM »
Has no one here heard of Boalt Hall?? Berkeley not only has the top IP program in the country, but is also #7 overall.....