Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: This thread is about the TV show LOST. Spoilers, theories, etc. are welcome.  (Read 3676 times)

molaw

• Sr. Citizen
  • it rubs the lotion on its skin
    • View Profile
i would also like to see the backstory that finally reveals how locke ended up in a wheelchair
MSU 2010

Denny Crane

• LSD Obsessed
  • Where's my Shirley Schmidt-ho?
    • View Profile
i would also like to see the backstory that finally reveals how locke ended up in a wheelchair

True.  Lock has the most screwed up backstory though.  Seriously, the guy can't catch a break.
Yale.Law.School.2010

molaw

• Sr. Citizen
  • it rubs the lotion on its skin
    • View Profile
i think they should put out a dvd with all the backstories put together. that would be cool
MSU 2010

The Poster

• LSD Obsessed
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dontreallyknowmuch
    • View Profile

Spoilers say that locke's wheelchair backstory is in the episode after this next one.

Also, I am kind of upset that the Others aren't part of Dharma, especially after watching this preview from the next episode...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DP5fVmjXJ9s

See...if the Others were just the people that had been on the island before and Dharma came in and there was a conflict, that would be just fine. BUT this scene, combined with what we know of how Juliet got to the island, tells me that the Others are more of an organized force, maybe even a rival corporation/project/government/something to Dharma. Of course they seem to have no problem using all of Dharma's old stuff either. That just really bugs me. Why even pretend to be part of them? Maybe Dharma is just a straw man kind of thing, setup to keep people off the trail of the REAL organization...aka whatever this Jacob guy is in charge of.
quote Stanley J. Watson III
you are doomed in the fated sense, but that's completely irrelevant because that's only from the viewpoint of someone who is not constrained by time. since you are temporal, for all intents and purposes you have the power to change your future

Gopherit

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
UMN '10

The Poster

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
In general it seems that people really liked this episode. I am not one of them. This episode may actually be the one that gets me to stop watching Lost.
you are doomed in the fated sense, but that's completely irrelevant because that's only from the viewpoint of someone who is not constrained by time. since you are temporal, for all intents and purposes you have the power to change your future

Gopherit

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
UMN '10

Gopherit

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
UMN '10

The Poster

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
The format was good...everyone else's story was good...the whole thing with the diamonds was dumb beyond belief.

Gopherit

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
UMN '10