Law School Discussion

To all those Time Management Heros....

To all those Time Management Heros....
« on: February 21, 2007, 09:41:50 AM »
Forgive the rant... this board is one of the only places where I can get advice from people who actually have a fraction of an idea what all this is like...

This is my situation in a nut shell.  I am working full-time (and just got my workload double because my work partner changed offices). I am also getting my MBA at night. I have three dogs, a mortgage, and a finacee (who is really losing patience with this whole process).

I was able to maintain a good UGPA and my GGPA is even better (3.7/3.9).  HOWEVER, the my four letter word is the LSAT.  With barely enough time to sleep, studying for the LSAT was only squeezed in here and there, earning me a (gulp) 159.

Since all of your life's accomplishments mean doo-doo next to that score, I applied to one school that i very very much wanted to attend, but was in all reality, a safety.  Yesterday I got deffered from that school and am simply beside myself.

I would love to quite my job, study and get the 170 I know I am capable of [to all of you out there who have earned this score, I am truly not trying to take away from your achivement..I am merely saying that with an ounce of time to study, I think I could get there too).

There are about a 1,000 factors to balance here and i am seriously at a loss.  I am turning to you all for sincere advice, because I have no clue what to do next.  All I really want to do is blow off everything and focus on LSAT...get into a great school... and so on.  But those of you with jobs and SO's know its not that easy.

Help.  :-[

aerynn

• Wait, what?
    • View Profile
    • http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=aerynn
    • Email
Re: To all those Time Management Heros....
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2007, 09:48:53 AM »
If you want to go to law school, why pursue the MBA?  I mean, if something has to go, I would get rid of the extraneous graduate degree before the job, the dogs, or the fiance.   :D  In all seriousness, if you want to finish the MBA first, then study for 3 - 6 months, then take the LSAT and go to the law school you really want.  Some law schools have joint programs, though, so you might be able to stop the MBA, study for the LSAT, then pick up the MBA when you are in law school and get a joint degree in less time than doing them both separately.

Re: To all those Time Management Heros....
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2007, 01:15:27 PM »
You ARE a time management hero!!

Those are great suggestion-- I will be impmlementing them as of today...

I know it may seem odd that I am doing the MBA thing now, then JD... but I always wanted a JD/MBA.  However, I chose to do the MBA now, while I am working full-time, then a JD.  I only have one semester left.  In retrospect it may have been smarter to just wait and do a JD/MBA-- o well, lesson learned.

Hopefully, one day this will all be worth it, right?   ;)

Thanks for the tips!