Law School Discussion

Just wondering

Just wondering
« on: February 20, 2007, 04:35:04 PM »
I just wondering how long does it take you to prepare for the LSAT.

I just started prepare and thinking to go to the test on September.
Dont know if this is good enough or really bad idea...

Poops

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Just wondering
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2007, 04:36:25 PM »

r u smart? if you are a dumbass, then take a PrepCourse

EPL

• Jose Arrogantio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2007, 07:30:10 PM »
3-5 weeks is a little short, especially 3 weeks, since you'll probably still be improving.  Most test prep courses are around 10 weeks, and during that time you will basically be spending almost all of your time either going to class or working on problems for hw, so I would aim for a 10 week period.  starting now for Sep. is definitely too early.  I plan on taking it in Sep. as well and i will start studying in July again.

bubDread

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2007, 07:46:33 AM »
6 months

Poops

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2007, 08:45:52 AM »

First off, ignore the above person.

why does he have to ignore me? I am being honest and i don't like sugarcoating stuff. If he is not smart it will be harder for him to prepare without PrepCourse - plain and simple. I didn't know Jesus had so much time in his hands

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2007, 09:41:34 AM »
2yrs

bamf

• legal eagle
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2007, 09:49:38 AM »

First off, ignore the above person.

Secondly, you've got plenty of time to prepare for the LSAT. Generally people recommend studying at least three to five weeks. There are people who study 2-4 months, but it really depends on your study habits. If you need guidance, get a professional course to help you and these generally take about a month or more. If not, you can self-study.

I wouldn't recommend starting your studies now if you're going to burn yourself out.

TITCR
I started at this time last year for the June test.  Are you still in school?  Don't risk your grades to spend time studying for the semester test.  I would say start around early april and you should be able to hit your peak in september.  Good luck.

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2007, 11:14:53 AM »
With June coming up, you may have the opportunity to take a free simulated test offered by one of the companies trying to sell you a prep class. Take one cold to get a feel for what's on it and what you have the most trouble with (if you get blindsided by the games, no harm done), and then you can decide how long to study. I'd recommend no less than 3 weeks but no more than 2 months.

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2007, 01:40:48 AM »
Thanks very much for all your advice.

I think i have more idea now for how should i prepare for the LSAT.

I acutally graduated last year and am working now..

It is just that i have seen some people retaking LSAT and therefore wondering how long and what is the best way for prepare the LSAT since I am thinking to go to law school too..

Wish you all do good on LSAT and future law school

Thanks

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2007, 01:05:37 PM »
If I have to take in June, and I pray that I don't, here is my plan.  I just took the powerscore courese.  No, I am not a dumbass because I took the course.  I am a single father that didn't have time to sit and teach myself everything that I needed to know in a short amount of time.  Here is what I would do if I were starting over.  I would get the Logic Games Bible and the Logic Reasoning Bible.  Then, I would buy every single test that I could buy.  I would then spend one week on each type of LR question and game.  I would do at least 1 RC passage per day.  Then on Sundays, starting about 5 weeks away, I would take a section test or part of a section.  I would continue doing all of my studies on types of games and LR questions.  For instance, I would probably spend two weeks or so just on assumptions.  I would do the same for flaw questions.  There are 13 different types of flaw questions so I might even spend longer on flaw.  I would also find a ton of books on logic and conditional reasoning.  If I am to take in june, I will start around April and spend the first week of june until the test taking practice tests everyday.  Finally, I would read everything that I could find when it comes to history, art, economics, and science passages.  Then, I would try to make it as personal as I could so that it would make sense to me.  Take it for what it's worth.