Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Jesus, I Know Nothing!  (Read 770 times)

smellysox2007

• View Profile
Jesus, I Know Nothing!
« on: February 20, 2007, 03:35:33 PM »
I am a sad, sad man.  I am sitting here reading the threads in this sub-forum and have no clue what needaccess or css are.  I was under the impression that all I had to do was fill out a FAFSA.  I have done this and have sent it off to my six allowed schools and am planning on adding the rest of the schools I applied to by phone.  Are there any other essential forms outside of FAFSA that I am not aware of.  I am sorry, I am utterly confused and kinda freaked.  Any help would be much appreciated.
Attending: ?
In: Pitt ($$), Temple ($$), Tulane, Miami, UNC
Waitlisted: WUSTL, Emory, UF, UC Davis
Out: Vanderbilt, BC, W&M
Withdrawn: W&L, Cardozo

katluva33

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Jesus, I Know Nothing!
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2007, 03:42:25 PM »
The necessary forms (CSS/NeedAccess/Institutional Forms) vary by school.  You should look at the websites or acceptance information for the schools you've applied to and see what each one requires.
It's important for us to explain to our nation that life is important. It's not only life of babies, but it's life of children living in, you know, the dark dungeons of the Internet.

I mean, there needs to be a wholesale effort against racial profiling, which is illiterate children

George Bush

smellysox2007

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2007, 03:46:28 PM »
so far none of the schools I have been accepted at has mentioned anything but FAFSA

these schools are: Tulane, UPitt, Temple, UNC, and Miami.

I have yet to hear from: UF, FSU, Emory, UC Davis, WUSTL, and William & Mary.

What would happen if I get accepted after their deadlines for need-based aid?

Thank you and I apologize if these are ridiculous questions.

jer

• LSD Obsessed
  • i likes gold chapstick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2007, 03:48:02 PM »
email or call and ask the schools directly.

katluva33

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2007, 03:50:52 PM »

What would happen if I get accepted after their deadlines for need-based aid?

Don't wait to be accepted to send in your financial aid documents.  Send them now, or as soon as possible.  If you are accepted, they will already have them and can begin considering you for aid.

And I second the above post.  If you can't find anything specific, call or email.

Edit: Double check some websites.  I just picked Temple at random and looked at their site.  They specifically mention the FAFSA and an institutional form specific to Temple:

http://www.law.temple.edu/servlet/RetrievePage?site=TempleLaw&page=Prospective_Apply_Aid

Edit 2: Tulane: How do I apply for a scholarship award from Tulane Law School? 

Need-based awards are made ONLY to a small number of accepted candidates who were not offered merit-based scholarships and who turned in the needs-based scholarship application and filed a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).  A needs-based scholarship application is mailed to everyone who applies for JD admission.  The FAFSA can be filed online at www.fafsa.ed.gov.

http://www.law.tulane.edu/admissions/jdfinaidfaq.cfm#4

Look closer at the school sites and you'll find what you're looking for  ;)
It's important for us to explain to our nation that life is important. It's not only life of babies, but it's life of children living in, you know, the dark dungeons of the Internet.

I mean, there needs to be a wholesale effort against racial profiling, which is illiterate children

George Bush

smellysox2007

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2007, 03:55:26 PM »
Awesome, thank you guys very much.  While at work today I will fire off some e-mails asking if anything outside of FAFSA is needed.

Thank you all again.  :)