Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Do schools request LSDAS reports by LSAC #?  (Read 460 times)

Ashnazg

• View Profile
Do schools request LSDAS reports by LSAC #?
« on: February 20, 2007, 02:06:08 PM »
Hello everyone

I always assumed that law schools request LSDAS reports using our unique identifiers (LSAC #), but apparently at least some schools prefer to use first/last name.

My first name on LSAC does not match my first name on all of the law school applications (LSAC has my short first name and law school apps have full first name).

I didn't think it would be a problem and it wasn't for the first few schools I sent apps to (Northwestern, Lewis and Clark, Cardozo, Notre Dame and some others), but Vanderbilt sent me an email saying they were not able to pull my report. I told them about the discrepancy and they requested report under my short first name and it went through fine.

However it does make me wonder if other schools requested my report under my first / last name and ran into same problems and just didnt bother emailing me about it, or they just didnt get around to processing reports yet.

Its been approx 1 to 2 weeks since I've sent apps through LSDAS and there have been no report requests from other schools. The deadlines for all of those schools are march 1st (for apps themselves), so deadlines should not be an issue.

I also wonder if all schools send emails to confirm receiving an application. All the schools I've applied to so far have sent me an email confirming that they got my application and that they're requesting my report. Is it the same for all law schools, or do some not send those emails?