Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Bad LOR  (Read 1989 times)

SilentSwirl

• Sr. Citizen
  • Summer!
    • View Profile
Re: Bad LOR
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2007, 12:03:07 AM »
It makes me really angry at your professor, and I don't even know you. That is so incredibly rude! Our professors always say that if you ask for a LOR, they will tell you very up-front if they feel they can't write one, or if there is something impeding them from writing a good one.  One prof of mine even went as far as to say that she had a student that she absolutely loved, almost like a daughter, but when she asked for a LOR she had to tell her no because the girl just wasn't that great of a student.

So, I'm not saying you're a bad student or anything of the like. I'm just saying it makes me angry at your prof.  >:( >:(

It's just an unlucky thing to have stuck in your file. I don't think it's going to make or break all of your decisions, though.

Good luck!!

nerdphanie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Bad LOR
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2007, 12:09:35 AM »
That seems strange that your prof would slip negative comments into a positive rec. If he liked you enough to give you a strong rec, why would he want to do something to damage your chances? That said, I doubt it would make a huuge difference. I also wonder how your dean found out. I'm curious as to what my LOR's said.
And the Asian thing - that is WEIRD! I'd never heard that before. I'm kind of glad, actually.