Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Quick question about visiting law schools...  (Read 437 times)

r85

• View Profile
    • LSN
Quick question about visiting law schools...
« on: February 19, 2007, 06:31:08 PM »
When visiting a law school, what's the proper attire?  I remember that visiting an undergrad was no big deal, and I see kids walking about my college today with sweatshirts and old jeans.  For some reason, visiting a law school seems more formal - maybe I'm just crazy. 

Specifically, I'm going to Cornell's ASW in a couple weeks and going to GWU for a simple tour next week.  Are jeans acceptable?  Should I wear something nicer?  How formal exactly is it? 

Thanks!

knicksfan0323

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Quick question about visiting law schools...
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2007, 06:59:33 PM »
I had a similiar dilemma a few weeks ago when I made a visit to a school. I was aslo meeting with the Dean of Admissions, so I wanted to look like I cared, but not like I was trying too hard...I ended up wearing a black turtleneck sweater and black & white herringbone plaid cotton trousers. It didn't look too dressy and it wasnt too casual either. Use your judgement - you'll be fine

CougMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Quick question about visiting law schools...
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2007, 08:26:40 PM »
I had a similiar dilemma a few weeks ago when I made a visit to a school. I was aslo meeting with the Dean of Admissions, so I wanted to look like I cared, but not like I was trying too hard...I ended up wearing a black turtleneck sweater and black & white herringbone plaid cotton trousers. It didn't look too dressy and it wasnt too casual either. Use your judgement - you'll be fine

I wore the exact same thing, I just don't understand why the students were giving me funny looks...