Law School Discussion

t

Re: So, have you given up on getting accepted to anywhere else?
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2007, 09:08:32 PM »
Wow, I don't belive you applied to 19 schools. Is that the norm for people applying? I like how you spent 11 billion though, thats good, probably not far off either. I only applied to 8 schools and I thought that was alot of time and money spent. I spent months and months just writing the apps and statements etc, I didn't copy and paste anything, I worte separate essays depending on the school, after 8 applications I didnt turn my computer on for a month. IDK, I just can't imagine 19.

But hey who is saying to give up now? So what if its not likely to get acceptances in March. First, its not March yet. Second, as in my case, I've not heard anything from some schools that told me I went complete close to 3 months ago, so if they didn't send rejections right away, thats a better sign for an acceptance, even if it is March or w/e. Third, we should all be taking anything we here on LSD as 90% BS and 10% more BS. When I first came on LSD and saw how many people tried to somehow quantify and compare who got accepted where, what time of the day they got thier letter, who sends e-mails, who got the wrong e-mails, etc., I chuckled at the immaturity, and then I smiled when I remembered that these are the same people who I'm competeing against for admission, oh and alot of them also seemed to have LSAT's of 170, ha. Well, you all get the point.   

SilentSwirl

• Summer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2007, 09:19:20 PM »
Wow, I don't belive you applied to 19 schools. Is that the norm for people applying? I like how you spent 11 billion though, thats good, probably not far off either. I only applied to 8 schools and I thought that was alot of time and money spent. I spent months and months just writing the apps and statements etc, I didn't copy and paste anything, I worte separate essays depending on the school, after 8 applications I didnt turn my computer on for a month. IDK, I just can't imagine 19.

But hey who is saying to give up now? So what if its not likely to get acceptances in March. First, its not March yet. Second, as in my case, I've not heard anything from some schools that told me I went complete close to 3 months ago, so if they didn't send rejections right away, thats a better sign for an acceptance, even if it is March or w/e. Third, we should all be taking anything we here on LSD as 90% BS and 10% more BS. When I first came on LSD and saw how many people tried to somehow quantify and compare who got accepted where, what time of the day they got thier letter, who sends e-mails, who got the wrong e-mails, etc., I chuckled at the immaturity, and then I smiled when I remembered that these are the same people who I'm competeing against for admission, oh and alot of them also seemed to have LSAT's of 170, ha. Well, you all get the point.   

To your first paragraph: It really did take a really long time to apply to so many schools. Some people apply to more. It also took alot of money. More fee waivers would have been nice. But I did it because I have such a craptastic cumulative GPA, as you can see. *I* think there is a good reason for the schools to evaluate me using my degree GPA and not the cumulative one, but that doesn't mean that *they* (or anyone else, for that matter) will think so. So the plan was to apply to lots and lots of schools and hope for at least one bite. And I guess it worked, because I have a bite from American.

To your second paragraph: I guess I get your point. But not everyone is full of BS, and if you poke around long enough you can often tell who is and who is not. No one is really saying to give up now, I think the OP was just wondering who, by virtue of which schools have not responded, was beginning to think it was a lost cause.

Commie Panda

• Don't worry, I'm not really a commie...or a panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2007, 09:30:09 PM »
OP--your words are certainly discouraging since I've been accepted to 3/14 but have yet to hear from the other 11. I've gotten into one where I wouldn't mind going (Emory) but am kind of hoping for a few more acceptances in the 15-25 range. I would wait until the end of the first week of March before losing all hope. The next two weeks will be key IMO...I'm going to be checking the mail like crazy.

latenitesession

• My primitive mind can't grasp these concepts
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2007, 09:33:53 PM »
Happy birthday latenite!! I hope you get an acceptance tomorrow, but if you dont get anything, just think to yourself that at least it wasnt a rejection :) GL!

Thanks Swirl... Here's to you and me both posting some acceptances in "Accepted Today" tomorrow!!!

SilentSwirl

• Summer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2007, 09:45:46 PM »
Happy birthday latenite!! I hope you get an acceptance tomorrow, but if you dont get anything, just think to yourself that at least it wasnt a rejection :) GL!

Thanks Swirl... Here's to you and me both posting some acceptances in "Accepted Today" tomorrow!!!

Yay!!! I hadn't thought of that as a real possibility. None of my status checkers have changed :( But yes! Let's hope so, for the sake of your birthday :)

skeeball

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2007, 08:35:20 AM »
I'm giving up.

If I get rejected from the 2 other schools I haven't heard from...then that saves me an awkward conversation with my live-in boyfriend.

So be it.

« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2007, 08:57:44 AM »
About a month ago I had 7 pending schools.  At that time I figured odds were I would get one more acceptance.  Now I have 5 (I got rejected at NYU and Waitlisted at Duke).  I'm still waiting on my acceptance and hoping it will be Michigan or Penn.  After than I'll be done.

I think, perhaps mistakenly, that by the end of Feb things will be clearer. 

Commie Panda

• Don't worry, I'm not really a commie...or a panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2007, 09:23:23 AM »
Haha, I totally feel your pain. I will feel the same way if I get nothing of relevance in the mail today.

jimfoolery

• Bo knows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2007, 10:37:13 AM »
O = I am going to slit my fuc
a = king wrists

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

NOTHING! Well, ND tells me about their intl. law program.

*Pats shoulder consolingly*
There, there.  Everything will be alright.

bohemian_revolution

• le fabuleux destin
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2007, 01:54:52 PM »
I want somewhere that's not in DC. But I think I'm in the waiting game for the long haul  :'(