Law School Discussion

t

latenitesession

• My primitive mind can't grasp these concepts
    • View Profile
Re: So, have you given up on getting accepted to anywhere else?
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2007, 02:31:26 PM »
I'm still waiting to hear from 7/9 schools, several of which should be auto-admits (that isn't meant to sound cocky at all, and is said under the assumption that such a thing even exists).

Tomorrow is my birthday, and I have come to the conclusion that most of these schools are waiting until then to contact me.... Their own little gift.

I can dream, right?

Happy Birthday, man. I'm sure it shall be glorious with shiny acceptance packages.

thanks man... I'll be hoping... Until around 6:30 PM, after which I'll just be drinking.

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2007, 02:38:09 PM »
I'm still waiting to hear from 7/9 schools, several of which should be auto-admits (that isn't meant to sound cocky at all, and is said under the assumption that such a thing even exists).

Tomorrow is my birthday, and I have come to the conclusion that most of these schools are waiting until then to contact me.... Their own little gift.

I can dream, right?

Happy Birthday, man. I'm sure it shall be glorious with shiny acceptance packages.

thanks man... I'll be hoping... Until around 6:30 PM, after which I'll just be drinking.

Also good.

SilentSwirl

• Summer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2007, 02:45:46 PM »
Mathlete, that was a whole lotta work. You musta had a whole lotta boredom! You should have also looked at the numbers of people being rejected while you were at it, though. Were people with similar numbers more likely to be rejected if they applied towards the beginning or the end of the cycle?   I think the general thinking about applying early is that it makes the most difference for borderline applicants.

Happy birthday latenite!! I hope you get an acceptance tomorrow, but if you dont get anything, just think to yourself that at least it wasnt a rejection :) GL!

Journeyman

• The road to life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2007, 03:10:37 PM »
I have decided that I'm going to keep checking that email-obseessively and trailing postmen until they put restraining offers on me...

In a strange, twisted way, this admissions game is kinda fun

« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2007, 03:16:57 PM »
I've still got 7 apps out.  2 are safeties, but not hearing from them after this much time has me thinking that they either a) found something unfavorable in my app, or b) are yeild-protecting me away.  I am increasingly resigned to rejections from 4 of the other 5: UVA, Vandy, GW, and W&M.  For some reason, though, I feel good about my chances at UMich.  Not sure why.  I guess maybe I'm getting a false sense of security after surviving their first several waves of rejections.  At this point, though, I'm very pleased several of my offers.  But it would be nice to get one or two more.  And yeah, I'm still checkin mail pretty religiously.

« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2007, 03:17:30 PM »
Mathlete, that was a whole lotta work. You musta had a whole lotta boredom! You should have also looked at the numbers of people being rejected while you were at it, though. Were people with similar numbers more likely to be rejected if they applied towards the beginning or the end of the cycle?   I think the general thinking about applying early is that it makes the most difference for borderline applicants.

Ask and ye shall receive... here are the percentage of applicants accepted (a waitlist decision is counted as a rejection) by index number

Pre-March 1st (312 total applicants)
>4.5   95%
4.4   95%
4.3   75%
4.2   39%
4.1   11%
<4.0   7%

Post-March 1st (184 total applicants)
>4.5   75%
4.4   41%
4.3   50%
4.2   11%
4.1   0%
4   0%
3.9   17%
<3.8   0%

So by this estimation it does look like borderline applicants have a tougher time when receiving decisions after March 1st.

Journeyman

• The road to life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2007, 03:21:13 PM »
mathlete, you are a beast!

SilentSwirl

• Summer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2007, 03:24:39 PM »
mathlete, you are a beast!

LOL!! Agreed!

Hey, if I just ask you for an acceptance to G-town, will I receive that, too?

Thanks for posting some numbers that confirm my imminent doom :) Very much appreciated, they are. Off to study! (Blegh!)

vercingetorix

• Vive le quebec libre
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2007, 07:24:46 PM »
wow....how do you like...not get in...anywhere? it's not like you're applying to med school.

SilentSwirl

• Summer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2007, 08:21:18 PM »
wow....how do you like...not get in...anywhere? it's not like you're applying to med school.

Who are you talking to?