Law School Discussion

t

143argh

t
« on: February 19, 2007, 09:46:41 AM »
e

Re: So, have you given up on getting accepted to anywhere else?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2007, 09:52:12 AM »
Advisers are idiots, as a general rule disregard everything they tell you.

SugarJ

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2007, 10:32:26 AM »
Hahaha. One of my old LSD title posts (before I got my lsat score!) just popped up while I was typing the subject. I got the weirdest wave of nostalgia ever. Crazy.

Anyways, I was just wondering if anyone else has given up on getting accepted anywhere new. I've checked the mail every day since late november, but thursday, friday, and saturday I didn't. I won't check tuesday either. The only reason I'd even bother getting the mail now would be to make sure other people don't see my rejections.

Why the change? Well, real life. My prelaw advisor told me straight up not to expect any acceptances in march or april. And just about everybody I know from t14 schools keep telling me how they've already sent out their main waves of acceptances (I know at Duke, NYU, Harvard have). When I read that LSD thread (# of acceptances remaining) it just confirmed what I already knew.

Well, just wondering who has QUIT checking the mail. If you have, sign in!

I totally agree. I've reduced my mail checking to about three times a week instead of every day (even Sunday! Campus mail... sometimes delivered late on Sat). Plus, I'm waiting for a few more decisions, some I know are auto-reject and the ones that aren't send emails first. So, there's really no point. :D

SilentSwirl

• Summer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2007, 10:37:21 AM »
This is depressing. I've received exactly ONE decision so far. I can't live the next few months believing that the other 18 are going to be rejections. Dude, I'd like at least ONE more acceptance. You know, from a safety or something. Agk!

iscoredawaitlist

• The beagle puppy of anticipation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2007, 10:43:17 AM »
This is depressing. I've received exactly ONE decision so far. I can't live the next few months believing that the other 18 are going to be rejections. Dude, I'd like at least ONE more acceptance. You know, from a safety or something. Agk!

yeah! because then you can say you CHOOSE AU when you come! Don't worry though, American is a great place.

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2007, 10:44:16 AM »
i think i'm about done...have 3 pending schools--all schools who have been accepting ppl for some time.  if i was going to get in, i guess i woulda already.  so i'm not expecting anything else. 

Journeyman

• The road to life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2007, 10:47:43 AM »
SilentSwirl, I'm kinda curious to know some of the schools you applied to that you only got one decision.

Also did you get into AU?  Because that's a pretty darn good school if that's the only decsion you have gotten.

I guess at this point I'll await my GT and GW rejections with peace of mind knowing I'll be at IU-B or R-C in the fall.

Would like to know what the hell is taking Pitt so long

iscoredawaitlist

• The beagle puppy of anticipation
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2007, 10:49:02 AM »
i'm holding my breath for UT and Vandy. I think UT still has a lot of acceptances to send out, and the fact I haven't been waitlisted at Vandy yet may bode well.

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2007, 10:56:03 AM »
Hahaha. One of my old LSD title posts (before I got my lsat score!) just popped up while I was typing the subject. I got the weirdest wave of nostalgia ever. Crazy.

Anyways, I was just wondering if anyone else has given up on getting accepted anywhere new. I've checked the mail every day since late november, but thursday, friday, and saturday I didn't. I won't check tuesday either. The only reason I'd even bother getting the mail now would be to make sure other people don't see my rejections.

Why the change? Well, real life. My prelaw advisor told me straight up not to expect any acceptances in march or april. And just about everybody I know from t14 schools keep telling me how they've already sent out their main waves of acceptances (I know at Duke, NYU, Harvard have). When I read that LSD thread (# of acceptances remaining) it just confirmed what I already knew.

Well, just wondering who has QUIT checking the mail. If you have, sign in!

You do realize there's still 9 days left in February...

Chicago better give me the call on Friday...I'm getting impatient. :-\

I'm expecting a WL from UIUC and I applied to Duke on a whim because they gave me priority track in January...so I'm curious to see what they do.

But I'm still obsessively checking the mail every day, and I will keep doing it until I've decided where I'm going to school. It's fun (not to get my hopes up and see them crashing down when there's nothing law school related, but to get really excited about the whole thing).

SilentSwirl

• Summer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2007, 11:00:33 AM »

yeah! because then you can say you CHOOSE AU when you come! Don't worry though, American is a great place.

Haha, exactly! I know American is great!! I'm still doing the snoopy dance every time I remember that I got in ;D :)

SilentSwirl, I'm kinda curious to know some of the schools you applied to that you only got one decision.

Also did you get into AU?  Because that's a pretty darn good school if that's the only decsion you have gotten.

I guess at this point I'll await my GT and GW rejections with peace of mind knowing I'll be at IU-B or R-C in the fall.

Would like to know what the hell is taking Pitt so long

Lol, you can check my LSN page to see the other 18 schools. I have only gotten one response because I applied late and I have craptastic numbers! And to top it all off pretty much all my schools save one are a reach! Yay, good choice SilentSwirl! You're brilliant.

But anyway, I'm not complaining. I'm still in love with my one acceptance. I'll survive. But it's still a tad bit depressing to think that the rest will be dings. See my signature. Lol.