Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Harvard 1L taking questions  (Read 9087 times)

MikeNifongsCat

• View Profile
Re: Harvard 1L taking questions
« Reply #100 on: March 05, 2007, 10:09:38 PM »
As for a car, nah, not needed if you're on campus.  You'll pay a lot to park it in Cambridge anyway.

Steve JD said this, too.  I was surprised -- I thought it was a NYC thing.

Do you guys have Zipcars?

hi lily! still feel the way you did last winter about that duke lacrosse thing?

Actually, I do.  Stop projecting your strawmen.

so you still think the "assumption that she's lying is a very, very questionable assumption" and that saying she was lying was "character assassination?" lolz!

Assumptions drawn from media reports where one side isn't commenting are very questionable. Further, my problem wasn't with the character assassination so much as it was with the racism and sexism fueling the character assassination.  Finally, the preponderance of evidence demonstrates that the vast majority of rape allegations aren't false. If you're strictly playing the odds, that's the bet to take. (And I wasn't strictly playing the odds: I know someone who was raped by a member of the team. It's endemic with Duke athletes.)

What scares me is that let people with such abysmal reasoning skills into law school.

funny cause the preponderance of evidence (nice law school term...you must have gotten all a's!) in this case showed that THIS rape allegation WAS false. that might be why the prosecutor dropped the rape charges and is now under investigation by the state bar! (although it was just as obvious when you were commenting...one side wasnt commenting because it HAD NO CASE)

fortunately for the majority of the lax team this discussion is all academic--theyre doin just DANDY:
http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=4200&ATCLID=814730

just call me elle

• Sr. Citizen
  • pink, puppies, Crimson, and I belong together
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 06, 2007, 12:14:30 AM »
what is the best apartment building near the law school? bf and i have no interest in the dorms, so we're looking for a 1-bedroom that's convenient. we know from the housing site that rent will probably be $1400-1600, but which buildings are the best?

Pink

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 06, 2007, 01:29:58 PM »
what is the best apartment building near the law school? bf and i have no interest in the dorms, so we're looking for a 1-bedroom that's convenient. we know from the housing site that rent will probably be $1400-1600, but which buildings are the best?

Tag.  I'm curious about this, too.  I'm not too worried about cost as long as it's clean, unfurnished, and convenient.
HLS '10

GannettHouse

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 06, 2007, 06:37:17 PM »

I'm sorry, I live in the dorms so I don't really know. But I think some other people on here said they live in apartments.

katluva33

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 06, 2007, 06:49:09 PM »
Gannett, how hard is it to keep housing all three years?  Does HLS guarantee housing if you want it?
It's important for us to explain to our nation that life is important. It's not only life of babies, but it's life of children living in, you know, the dark dungeons of the Internet.

I mean, there needs to be a wholesale effort against racial profiling, which is illiterate children

George Bush

GannettHouse

• View Profile
« Reply #105 on: March 06, 2007, 08:31:32 PM »
Gannett, how hard is it to keep housing all three years?  Does HLS guarantee housing if you want it?

That's a good question and I don't know a definite answer, but there are 3Ls in my dorm, and the Gropius dorms have a lot of empty rooms that I think eventually go to students from other schools at Harvard, so I can't imagine they'll just deny you completely. The answer is almost certainly on the Harvard website somewhere.

You might start here:
http://www.law.harvard.edu/students/housing/dorms/nextyear/

In any case, I can't imagine that more than a few people who want housing don't get it.

Denny Crane

• LSD Obsessed
  • Where's my Shirley Schmidt-ho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 06, 2007, 10:13:26 PM »
Wait, so there are non-law students who live in law housing?
Yale.Law.School.2010

GannettHouse

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 07, 2007, 01:27:12 AM »
Wait, so there are non-law students who live in law housing?

Sort of, although I'm not sure Gropius is officially "law housing" only.

Senator

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 07, 2007, 02:33:00 AM »
tag . . . I would be very interested in more info/reviews of on-campus dorms as well as Harvard's affiliated apartments.

Also, another random question: what do people wear to the ASW? I know some schools give you guidelines, but I can't seem to find a thread about this for HLS.

SanchoPanzo

• Sr. Citizen
  • My avatar is hotter than your avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 07, 2007, 12:32:31 PM »
People wear everything from t-shirts and jeans to business casual. I donít recall anyone wearing a suit last year.

Also, you've probably already seen this but:
http://www.law.harvard.edu/students/housing/
1L
order in the midst of chaos surrounded by order and a sprinkling of mist with chaos flavor. bake 2 hours then serve