Law School Discussion

Harvard 1L taking questions

Lily Jaye

• A Schizophrenic Veronica
    • View Profile
Re: Harvard 1L taking questions
« Reply #90 on: March 05, 2007, 05:16:57 AM »
As for a car, nah, not needed if you're on campus.  You'll pay a lot to park it in Cambridge anyway.

Steve JD said this, too.  I was surprised -- I thought it was a NYC thing.

Do you guys have Zipcars?

H4CS

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 05, 2007, 07:41:11 AM »
As for a car, nah, not needed if you're on campus.  You'll pay a lot to park it in Cambridge anyway.

Cambridge is very different than NYC.  We have psychic meter people.  If you are parked on the street for just a few minutes over the meter, wham-o, ticket.  I got two tickets yesterday morning when I had borrowed a car.

Zipcar is heavily used by law students here.

« Reply #92 on: March 05, 2007, 12:14:21 PM »

hi lily! still feel the way you did last winter about that duke lacrosse thing?

Lily Jaye

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 05, 2007, 12:54:51 PM »

Actually, I do.  Stop projecting your strawmen.

Lily Jaye

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 05, 2007, 12:57:08 PM »

Cambridge is very different than NYC.  We have psychic meter people.  If you are parked on the street for just a few minutes over the meter, wham-o, ticket.  I got two tickets yesterday morning when I had borrowed a car.

Zipcar is heavily used by law students here.

Scary.

Although the $500 fine my BF got for being slightly within the box taught me to never, ever try driving there.

« Reply #95 on: March 05, 2007, 05:42:49 PM »

so you still think the "assumption that she's lying is a very, very questionable assumption" and that saying she was lying was "character assassination?" lolz!

(i gotta say too, it was kind of hard to go back and chronicle your stupidity, since you went to the trouble of deleting all your posts on the subject! at least you had the luxury of doing that--when the duke accuser changed HER story, she couldnt just delete her false statements with the click of a button...)

Lily Jaye

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 05, 2007, 06:03:11 PM »

so you still think the "assumption that she's lying is a very, very questionable assumption" and that saying she was lying was "character assassination?" lolz!

Assumptions drawn from media reports where one side isn't commenting are very questionable. Further, my problem wasn't with the character assassination so much as it was with the racism and sexism fueling the character assassination.  Finally, the preponderance of evidence demonstrates that the vast majority of rape allegations aren't false. If you're strictly playing the odds, that's the bet to take. (And I wasn't strictly playing the odds: I know someone who was raped by a member of the team. It's endemic with Duke athletes.)

What scares me is that let people with such abysmal reasoning skills into law school.

« Reply #97 on: March 05, 2007, 06:08:18 PM »

Assumptions drawn from media reports where one side isn't commenting are very questionable. Further, my problem wasn't with the character assassination so much as it was with the racism and sexism fueling the character assassination.  Finally, the preponderance of evidence demonstrates that the vast majority of rape allegations aren't false. If you're strictly playing the odds, that's the bet to take. (And I wasn't strictly playing the odds: I know someone who was raped by a member of the team. It's endemic with Duke athletes.)

What scares me is that let people with such abysmal reasoning skills into law school.
I like you

« Reply #98 on: March 05, 2007, 06:14:09 PM »

I like you

Dit-tooooo.

Lily Jaye

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 05, 2007, 06:18:25 PM »
Hey guys. Thanks! :-[

Sadly, I'm not around for long. Stupid real life commitments. >:(