Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: John Marshall Law School - Atlanta  (Read 338 times)

JD_LawSchool

• View Profile
John Marshall Law School - Atlanta
« on: February 18, 2007, 09:56:20 PM »
Hey guys, I have gotten back some admission decisions. I have gotten accepted to John Marshall Law School in Atlanta, GA and also Faulkner University in Montgomery, AL. I realize they are unheard of schools, but I was hoping someone would have some insight and thoughts to these two schools. Anyone?
Thanks....

beeffordinner

• View Profile
Re: John Marshall Law School - Atlanta
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2007, 07:45:45 PM »
Make sure you chooose an ABA accredited(sp?) institution.  I have never heard of Faulkner so I can't speak to that school.  Being from GA, I am familiar with John Marshall - I THINK it may have recently become accreditted.  There are restrictions some places about degrees from non-accredited schools.  I THINK you have to have an ABA accredited JD to sit for the bar in some states and I think some jxns require one in order to be a judge.  Depending on where you want to work and your career aspirations you might want to look into that.     

contrapositive

• Sr. Citizen
  • "your power was given to you"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2007, 10:14:19 PM »
Both schools are  provisionally ABA accredited...

I've been to a couple of JM open houses and I liked what I saw/heard...

If you are interested in practicing in the Atlanta area, JM should be one of your considerations.  The school has several decades of graduates working in the Atlanta area in firms and govt positions.  It appears to be upwardly mobile and has expanded its full-time faculty.

I believe they have another open house this Saturday...Also, they have an Admitted Students Open House in March.

JD_LawSchool

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2007, 12:46:07 AM »
Good to hear thanks.  Shoot me an email sometime.  Id love to pick your brain about John Marshall, ATL.  (Email: ABCarrabis@aol.com)

fraggle

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2007, 03:31:02 PM »
I am also looking into this school.

Does anyone know what the average 1L gpa is?  I heard that they even though they do not grade on the curve, they are extremely tough graders and that the attrition rate is close to 33%.  Then again, I would also like to try to transfer after one year...