Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Wayne (50% tuition) v. MSU (Full ride)  (Read 844 times)

ericptk2000

• MSU' 10
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Wayne (50% tuition) v. MSU (Full ride)
« on: February 17, 2007, 02:27:07 PM »
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to get some feedback.  Do you think it would be better to go to Wayne with 50% tuition but must maitain a 3.25 and be in a special program with presidents from the two law reviews and moot court or MSU on a full ride with a 3.0?  Thanks.
Bumpersticker and Laptop (Attending): MSU '10
Bumpersticker (In): Pitt, Case($), MSU($$$$), Loyola, Cincinnatti($), Toledo ($$$$)
I'm sorry can you hold (WL): American
Dropped call (OUT): OSU

molaw

• Sr. Citizen
  • it rubs the lotion on its skin
    • View Profile
Re: Wayne (50% tuition) v. MSU (Full ride)
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2007, 06:36:42 PM »
I'm struggling with the same question (except full-ride at both Wayne & MSU).  Although Wayne is ranked higher - (I'm not so sure I buy into the whole ranking game anyways) I've gotten the impression that Wayne's admin is very disorganized.

Any one else with thoughts or suggestions?
MSU 2010

nontrad82

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2007, 05:52:26 PM »
I got 50% at Wayne and 100% at Toledo. I am still undecided because I want to look at all the options each school offers, but as Molaw says, they seem very disorganized.  It usually takes over a week for the admissions office to answer emails (if they answer at all), while Toledo (and other schools I've applied to) responds in a couple of hours. 

ericptk2000

• MSU' 10
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2007, 07:06:31 PM »
I think Wayne is better than both Toledo and MSU.  Granted Toledo is ranked higher based on US News, but you probably have to maintain a 3.3. and I heard that over half lose it.  Plus, career prospects are much better in Michigan if you go to Wayne.  The administration is slow, but I know the professors are really good.

Bumpersticker and Laptop (Attending): MSU '10
Bumpersticker (In): Pitt, Case($), MSU($$$$), Loyola, Cincinnatti($), Toledo ($$$$)
I'm sorry can you hold (WL): American
Dropped call (OUT): OSU

tenaciousb

• AOL Instant Messenger - CollegiateError
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2007, 11:48:52 PM »
I think Wayne is better than both Toledo and MSU.  Granted Toledo is ranked higher based on US News, but you probably have to maintain a 3.3. and I heard that over half lose it.  Plus, career prospects are much better in Michigan if you go to Wayne.  The administration is slow, but I know the professors are really good.

I go to MSU for grad school right now and flat our refused to apply.  I am applying still to Wayne just to give myself options but I will tell you I am flat out unimpressed and completely disinterested with MSU law for more reasons than the flat-out drama llama everyone in it seems to be.
Loyola New Orleans Class of '10

molaw

• Sr. Citizen
  • it rubs the lotion on its skin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2007, 02:45:13 PM »

I go to MSU for grad school right now and flat our refused to apply.  I am applying still to Wayne just to give myself options but I will tell you I am flat out unimpressed and completely disinterested with MSU law for more reasons than the flat-out drama llama everyone in it seems to be.

Could you please tell us some of your reasons for being unimpressed and disinterested? Do you have any specific examples?
MSU 2010

tenaciousb

• AOL Instant Messenger - CollegiateError
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2007, 05:13:48 AM »

Could you please tell us some of your reasons for being unimpressed and disinterested? Do you have any specific examples?

the program has had little to no efforts made to even interest their own students, let alone retain.  people transfer, as i'm sure they do at other schools, but i know just a lot of people who are extremely unhappy being here.  the overall school has an aura of negativity and arrogance, not just the law, but i know, having gone to univ of michigan for undergrad (with no pretentiousness or whatever because of that rivalry) that i have encountered so much more drama and unhappy people here than anywhere i've visited or places i know people at.
Loyola New Orleans Class of '10