Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: best caliber T3 schools?  (Read 2709 times)

iamprov

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: best caliber T3 schools?
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2007, 08:23:43 PM »
How about Albany?  Solid network and as a 3L recently posted, 88% bar passage last year.
Albany Law School Class of 2010

Jackie Chiles, ESQ.

• Sr. Citizen
  • Who told you to put the balm on?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2007, 10:36:58 PM »
How about Albany?  Solid network and as a 3L recently posted, 88% bar passage last year.

i have heard negative things about albany - to me only syracuse seems like a good t3 out of the NY schools

iamprov

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2007, 01:24:28 AM »

i have heard negative things about albany - to me only syracuse seems like a good t3 out of the NY schools

what negative things have you heard?  I'm applied there and I think it looks like a school I might want to go to...
Albany Law School Class of 2010

Jackie Chiles, ESQ.

• Sr. Citizen
  • Who told you to put the balm on?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2007, 12:51:34 PM »

what negative things have you heard?  I'm applied there and I think it looks like a school I might want to go to...

hard to find jobs in markets outside of albany

Themis

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2007, 03:26:26 PM »
I personally think that Drake has a lot of potential over the coming years given the focus it has on its mission and its continuing work to improve itself and its faculty each and every year.  Then again, maybe just regional bias because I am a midwesterner. 

Matokah

• Sr. Citizen
  • Ice? In Sacramento? Hmm. . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2007, 11:58:08 PM »
I'll chime in with Marquette.  Having just visited, I was very impressed with everything about the school with the exception of the actual building.  It's pretty cramped in there, but at the same time, it had a really nice lived-in feel that I don't get with some of the stark and imposing new law school buildings around.  It felt like you could claim your own comfy corner, hunker down, and study for hours, and I like that.

Students were all paying attention in class (didn't see anyone surfing the internet during lecture), and they even answered the questions correctly when called on.  Not too shabby. :)
University of the Pacific McGeorge School of Law 2010!!

(LSN)

Le Docteur De Peste

• Sr. Citizen
  • Ashes, ashes, we all fall down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2007, 12:17:37 PM »

hard to find jobs in markets outside of albany

There's an associate who went to Syracuse at my firm here in San Francisco. But he's a silver spooner, so who knows what kind of connections (if any) he had...

Sell Out

• Sr. Citizen
  • Bienvenido al Terrordome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2007, 06:16:47 PM »
I did my UG at Texas Tech and their law school is very well connected to the DFW area.  Tech's law school is young, but has a good reputation in the state.  There is talk every year about it coming close to the 2nd tier.  Good luck to you.
Rocking in the free world.

UH 2010

Jen2bJD

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2007, 10:07:51 AM »
catholic and syracuse - they were both T2 last year and are good schools

Was Syracuse really T2 last year? Does anyone know what number? Thanks :)

jenny248

• AOL Instant Messenger - Jenny248
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2007, 10:34:37 AM »
I think Syracuse was 95 in 2006 and 97 in 2005.  I can't find the original article I read this from, but here are the 2006 rankings on LSD: http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,29571.0.html