Law School Discussion

Duke Admissions Sucks

• View Profile
Duke Admissions Sucks
« on: February 16, 2007, 02:26:30 PM »
Is it just me, or is the Duke admissions staff particularly unhelpful? Of all the schools I've dealt with, getting information or assistance from Duke has been the most reminiscent of attempting to draw blood from a boulder.

Considering the lovely southern hospitality I've seen at Vandy and elsewhere, I am mightily perplexed. Any similar experiences?

• View Profile
Re: Duke Admissions Sucks
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2007, 02:56:43 PM »
If you got the invitation to get a 10-day decision, they'll talk your ear off.

Got that, no dice.

Quail!

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2007, 02:57:55 PM »
Is it just me, or is the Duke admissions staff particularly unhelpful? Of all the schools I've dealt with, getting information or assistance from Duke has been the most reminiscent of attempting to draw blood from a boulder.

Considering the lovely southern hospitality I've seen at Vandy and elsewhere, I am mightily perplexed. Any similar experiences?

Yea, they do suck.  When they bother to respond to you it can be about a week later, and that's IF they do.  I only called them once, and got the feeling that they really didn't want to help me out but they would "because they're so generous with their time"

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2007, 03:02:25 PM »
dook just sucks. as a whole.

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2007, 03:03:35 PM »

Yea, they do suck.  When they bother to respond to you it can be about a week later, and that's IF they do.  I only called them once, and got the feeling that they really didn't want to help me out but they would "because they're so generous with their time"

Same experience. The lady answering the phone gives the distinct impression that you're boring her, tells you to e-mail, and then you hear nothing for a week. When they finally did get back to me, they tell me they're missing two things I know they have... so I have another copy of the dean's letter faxed over... only THEY can request another copy of the LSAC report, but they're just too damn busy to do that. I e-mailed them back about the fax and such, still haven't heard back. That was about a week ago.

S.A.

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2007, 03:04:01 PM »
Yeah Duke is soooo lame... I am soooo above how lame they are

Quail!

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2007, 03:04:41 PM »

Same experience. The lady answering the phone gives the distinct impression that you're boring her, tells you to e-mail, and then you hear nothing for a week. When they finally did get back to me, they tell me they're missing two things I know they have... so I have another copy of the dean's letter faxed over... only THEY can request another copy of the LSAC report, but they're just too damn busy to do that. I e-mailed them back about the fax and such, still haven't heard back. That was about a week ago.

wtf? You don't even need the Dean's cert to be considered for admissions.  You just need to provide it if you want to matriculate

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2007, 03:05:54 PM »

wtf? You don't even need the Dean's cert to be considered for admissions.  You just need to provide it if you want to matriculate

They "prefer" it with the application, it's not required. Hence, the effectiveness of an otherwise unacceptable fax copy.

Quail!

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2007, 03:09:13 PM »

They "prefer" it with the application, it's not required. Hence, the effectiveness of an otherwise unacceptable fax copy.

Crap, well I hope that doesn't earn me a ding (*#@$%

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2007, 03:14:08 PM »
Hey, I'm just telling you what they told me in the e-mail.