Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Western...  (Read 1729 times)

radar1

• View Profile
Western...
« on: February 16, 2007, 11:59:40 AM »
Has anybody heard anything from Western? 

I applied there, as well as to Ottawa and Osgoode.  Osgoode & Ottawa have sent me plenty of mail since receiving my app, and they both have online status checkers.

Western hasn't sent a thing to me in the mail or though email.  Do they have an online status checker that I don't know about???

I see in another post that somebody else is in already - did you hear anything before your acceptance?

will27

• View Profile
Re: Western...
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2007, 03:03:59 PM »
I got a confirmation of application from them back in November and then I got my acceptance this past week.

radar1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2007, 03:56:48 PM »
Congrats.  I guess I missed out on the confirmation number.  I emailed them last week to confirm receipt of my app, and they sent back a message that went along the lines of... "how dare you annoy us!"

If you don't mine my asking, what was your average/gpa & lsat?

JIC

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2007, 01:24:34 PM »
I got an offer from Western on about January 20th.  (3.9/161)

I'll be declining it.

radar1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2007, 09:42:24 PM »
Thanks for keeping that spot open for me!

will27

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2007, 10:43:39 AM »
3.7/160.

It's my third choice after the Toronto schools, so I will provisionally accept.

whiteson

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2007, 01:09:46 PM »
hi sdeeyre
saw your question about Western.  I just got accepted last week.  Actually haven't received my package yet but someone from the admissions office called me and told me it was in the mail.  Before that, I hadn't heard a thing.  As for GPA/LSAT: 2.93/ 176.  Low gpa I know but I am doing an upgrade year right now (I actually graduated 8 years ago).  Still, Western doesn't have any of my marks from this year yet so I am assuming a got in based on LSAT and work/ volunteer experience, even though I didn't apply as a mature student.
hope its all going well for you

radar1

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2007, 05:32:41 PM »
hi sdeeyre
saw your question about Western.  I just got accepted last week.  Actually haven't received my package yet but someone from the admissions office called me and told me it was in the mail.  Before that, I hadn't heard a thing.  As for GPA/LSAT: 2.93/ 176.  Low gpa I know but I am doing an upgrade year right now (I actually graduated 8 years ago).  Still, Western doesn't have any of my marks from this year yet so I am assuming a got in based on LSAT and work/ volunteer experience, even though I didn't apply as a mature student.

Thanks.  Nice job on that 174!  I'm still holding out to hear....

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2007, 03:57:24 PM »
hi sdeeyre

Congratulations.  I have similar stats (2.8ish/173), so it is encouraging that they admitted a fellow splitter.