Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Conflict of Interest?  (Read 2437 times)

prelaw200

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Conflict of Interest?
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2007, 11:08:09 AM »
I can actually relate to the OP.  I canceled twice due to hygiene problems.  Luckily the redness/itching cleared up the third time around though.
Me Go Cornell

Johnny Stuffs His Mouth

• LSD Obsessed
  • 1/2 of the Golden Couple
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=johnkorean
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2007, 11:08:37 AM »
Welcome to LSD, Gretchen. Where future law students around the country come to believe in the doctrine of guilty until proven innocent. Yay, future of America.
I'll join the cool crowd: 3.23/173
Blinded by the light (Attending): UVA!!! Wahoo 2010!!!
Wrapped up like a feminine hygiene product (Accepted): UVA!! Fordham, Georgetown!!! NYU!!!!!!!!!
Another odor in the night (Rejected): Harvard
Let's go LSAT score! http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=johnkorean

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2007, 11:08:46 AM »

This is a joke... right?

No, I feel a little guilty about it though  :-\

I was supposed to take the February test but I had to delay it for personal hygeine reasons. I've signed up for June and one of the stipulations in my acceptance is that I take the LSAT and get at least a 154.

Doesn't this seem very strange? Do you think my boyfriend is playing a joke on me?

You'll know if your acceptance gift is his d*ck in a box...

IT'S MY D!CK IN A BOX!!!!

Priceless...I watched it last night again.  Have you seen the remake that a girl made "my box in a box?"  Truly hilarious....

Indeed... but that's actually two girls. One is the voice, the other is the "box".

Tron

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2007, 11:09:32 AM »
Conflict of interest?

You want in to a top law school

Admissions officer likes the way you work the 'unmentionables'

I'd say: perfect harmony of interests!

[flame..cough, cough]

For the love of god people, the word is TROLL!  How many times must we go over this.

Troll = someone who posts BS just to stir the pot
Flame = hating on someone for no good reason

I don't think God cares about my usage of internet slang, but I edited it anyways.

You'd be surprised...

And while I meant what I said, I was kidding about giving a crap.  Call her a smurf for all I care.

And I was kidding about giving a crap about you giving a crap... :)

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2007, 11:10:29 AM »
I can actually relate to the OP.  I canceled twice due to hygiene problems.  Luckily the redness/itching cleared up the third time around though.

Yeah, don't want to scratchin' down there during the test, spreading the herpus to all you fellow future lawyers.

Quail!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2007, 11:10:53 AM »
Welcome to LSD, Gretchen. Where future law students around the country come to believe in the doctrine of guilty until proven innocent. Yay, future of America.

Cmon, there are too many reasons not to take this one seriously.  Experience teaches on this board not to believe anything that gives you that many reasons not to...

Plus, wtf top law school allows admissions based on the recommendation of ONE counselor.  It would have had to go through someone else first.  On top of it, adcomm members don't get the file until it's complete - which hers could not have been.

Don't get sucked in

Johnny Stuffs His Mouth

• LSD Obsessed
  • 1/2 of the Golden Couple
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=johnkorean
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2007, 11:14:14 AM »

Cmon, there are too many reasons not to take this one seriously.  Experience teaches on this board not to believe anything that gives you that many reasons not to...

Plus, wtf top law school allows admissions based on the recommendation of ONE counselor.  It would have had to go through someone else first.  On top of it, adcomm members don't get the file until it's complete - which hers could not have been.

Don't get sucked in

First of all, not everyone's definition of a top law school is the same. Maybe she means Cooley and not McGeorge. She hasn't said yet, so we have no idea.

Second, like I said, I have a friend going to med school without having taken the MCAT. I didn't think that was possible, either.

Third, if her boyfriend is in fact an adcomm officer, it wouldn't be that big a stretch of the imagination that he would somehow slip in her file before it was complete.
I'll join the cool crowd: 3.23/173
Blinded by the light (Attending): UVA!!! Wahoo 2010!!!
Wrapped up like a feminine hygiene product (Accepted): UVA!! Fordham, Georgetown!!! NYU!!!!!!!!!
Another odor in the night (Rejected): Harvard
Let's go LSAT score! http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=johnkorean

kirkcameronsgf

• Sr. Citizen
  • Ever since I can remember, I been poppin' my colla
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2007, 11:15:10 AM »
Gretch, honey, hi!  I've missed you!

What a great opportunity you've got.  You should definetly take advantage of it.  I know you can make a 154 or up on the test!  :-*

Quail!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2007, 11:17:25 AM »

Don't get sucked in

First of all, not everyone's definition of a top law school is the same. Maybe she means Cooley and not McGeorge. She hasn't said yet, so we have no idea.

Second, like I said, I have a friend going to med school without having taken the MCAT. I didn't think that was possible, either.

Third, if her boyfriend is in fact an adcomm officer, it wouldn't be that big a stretch of the imagination that he would somehow slip in her file before it was complete.

I'd have to disagree on that.  Nobody considers Cooley a "top" law school, not even the people that go there.  "Top" law school is not as a subjective term as you make it out to be - people more or less agree.

Think about it, a boyfriend getting someone accepted at law school without the LSAT (your med school friend is separate, especially since it was something merit-based, although I'd doubt the quality of that school on face value of the story) - the whole idea is preposterous.  If it sounds too good to be true...

Gretchen W.

• Currently exercising my secret power
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2007, 11:17:58 AM »

Yeah, I'm thinking this is what he must have done.

The other part of the story is that my bf is kind of a control freak; he wants me to go to the law school he works for. I've kind of had my heart set on another top school, and I think he's worried I'll get in and dump him.

I don't know, I think this is just a move to control me? Then he'll have all this power over me the rest of my life if I go to his school  :-\
Power always has to be kept in check; power exercised in secret, especially under the cloak of national security, is doubly dangerous.

-William Proxmire