Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Conflict of Interest?  (Read 2517 times)

Gretchen W.

• Currently exercising my secret power
    • View Profile
Conflict of Interest?
« on: February 15, 2007, 10:30:17 AM »
My boyfriend is an admissions officer at a top law school. I was accepted there even though I haven't taken the LSAT yet, do you think I got special treatment?
Power always has to be kept in check; power exercised in secret, especially under the cloak of national security, is doubly dangerous.

-William Proxmire

Yankees Fan

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ask+me
    • View Profile
Re: Conflict of Interest?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2007, 10:33:01 AM »
It was the soft factors.
USD 2010

Johnny Stuffs His Mouth

• LSD Obsessed
  • 1/2 of the Golden Couple
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=johnkorean
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2007, 10:34:07 AM »
My boyfriend is an admissions officer at a top law school. I was accepted there even though I haven't taken the LSAT yet, do you think I got special treatment?

Which law school?

I don't know about law school, but I have a friend who is going to a lower tier med school and was guaranteed admission without having to take the MCAT. But in that situation, she had done an internship with them. Did you get it on merit, or simply because you have connections?
I'll join the cool crowd: 3.23/173
Blinded by the light (Attending): UVA!!! Wahoo 2010!!!
Wrapped up like a feminine hygiene product (Accepted): UVA!! Fordham, Georgetown!!! NYU!!!!!!!!!
Another odor in the night (Rejected): Harvard
Let's go LSAT score! http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=johnkorean

Gretchen W.

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2007, 10:38:21 AM »

Which law school?

I don't know about law school, but I have a friend who is going to a lower tier med school and was guaranteed admission without having to take the MCAT. But in that situation, she had done an internship with them. Did you get it on merit, or simply because you have connections?

Well I have a good GPA and good recs. My boyfriend also read all my essays and really liked them. My practice scores are in the mid 160s; do you think that because of my natural aptitude they just decided to accept me?
Power always has to be kept in check; power exercised in secret, especially under the cloak of national security, is doubly dangerous.

-William Proxmire

Yankees Fan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2007, 10:41:07 AM »

Which law school?

Well I have a good GPA and good recs. My boyfriend also read all my essays and really liked them. My practice scores are in the mid 160s; do you think that because of my natural aptitude they just decided to accept me?

This is a joke... right?
USD 2010

Gretchen W.

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2007, 10:43:16 AM »

This is a joke... right?

No, I feel a little guilty about it though  :-\

I was supposed to take the February test but I had to delay it for personal hygeine reasons. I've signed up for June and one of the stipulations in my acceptance is that I take the LSAT and get at least a 154.

Doesn't this seem very strange? Do you think my boyfriend is playing a joke on me?

-William Proxmire

Quail!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2007, 10:45:05 AM »

This is a joke... right?

I was supposed to take the February test but I had to delay it for personal hygeine reasons. I've signed up for June and one of the stipulations in my acceptance is that I take the LSAT and get at least a 154.

Doesn't this seem very strange? Do you think my boyfriend is playing a joke on me?

You'll know if your acceptance gift is his d*ck in a box...

Yankees Fan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2007, 10:45:18 AM »

This is a joke... right?

I believe you're the one playing a joke.  ;)
USD 2010

Gretchen W.

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2007, 10:50:47 AM »
I know it seems farfetched  :-[

-William Proxmire

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2007, 10:51:40 AM »
Obvious and totally gratuitous flame.

This is a joke... right?

lol.... I can't  believe anyone took this seriously. Personal hygiene reasons?!?!?
The LSAT is required as an admissions criterion for all ABA-approved law schools.