Law School Discussion

Just wanted someone to talk to ... don't read if you don't care ...

noell.sweet

Re: Just wanted someone to talk to ... don't read if you don't care ...
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2004, 09:43:57 PM »
OK, Annie, Giraffe, and Swifty, you all have made your point.  I'm not trying to do any "self-pity" bull, I'm trying to tell you why I have so much debt, and am able to pay my bills, that's all.  I don't care if you believe me, or care about me, or what, I just want my SIDE of the story told.  That's all! OK?

Look, I do what I *CAN* do, and I stretch myself to the limit.  ( am actually not supposed to be working at all, they want me to claim disability and live off the government for the rest of my life ... I don't think so.  I'd rather work, prove that I can actually be a part of society.  I am not saying I am better than anyone, I am not doing the self-puty, I am not touting my own horn, I am just saying I have two jobs now, and that's all my body can handle.  I *AM* doing what it takes.  It just isn't enough.  That's why I asked how to CANCEL the LSAT in the first place.  OK?

I now realize that I don't belong on L.S.D.  I shouldn't have even thought that I could to go law school.  I mean, look how dumb I'd look to the adcoms (2.36 GPA (150-160 practice test, LSAT).  It's not my fault though, having Panic Attacks, Chronic Fatigue, Anxiety, and Bi-Polar Disorder kind of make it hard to study.  Yes, I am able to hold two jobs, *AND* volunteer, but all these things combined seemed to have given me a learning disability.  :-\  I feel dumb, even though I didn't think I was a dumb person.  But just looking at your guys' GPAs and LSAT scores, WOW, how can I compete with that? ... I figured the adcoms would see all the obsticles I've overcome to get here, and my love for law (which I am FASCINATED with) and see the potential in me ... but I don't think they would take me seriously because of my low numbers.

And I guess I've run my life the wrong way too.  All the doctors that told me "You know, it would be much easier on yourself if you go on disability", yeah and stay home all the time, and do nothing?  I wanted to work, I *LOVE* my job so much, it's great, I don't *CARE* that I'm filing *&^% all the time, I am just happy to have a stinkin' job.  But ... maybe I should quit, and go on SSD and be like all the others I know ... but I know I can do so much more than that ... I'm asking for pity, for money, for gifts, or whatever!  Just wanted you to hear me out.  Just be aware of what I have to work with here ...  :-\

Listen, Noell or Name or whatever you choose you be addressed as... I don't really care who on LSD sides with you (we are a rather tender-hearted bunch, aren't we? Oh well, law school should take care of that), but I personally think you're (a) dull (b) repetitive (c) largely pathetic.

Enough with the self-pity (i.e. "not as good as you guys"... "have the life that you do"... and other copious examples).

Get the hell off LSD, get a third, fourth, fifth job... whatever it takes.

My dad put himself through grad school by waiting tables and gardening during the day, working as a caretaker for elderly people at night, studying and writing his thesis in the few hours they slept, and literally did not have one spare moment of time for THREE YEARS. I'm pretty sure he didn't set up any Pay-Pal account and have the balls (such as you amazingly do) to beg for pennies.

If you continue to go through life with this "Please give me a handout" attitude, you're going to honestly regret it.

Maybe your life has been very hard. Maybe your life hasbeen so hard that it literally has sapped the understanding of pride and independence from you.

Or maybe you're just shameless to begin with.

TDPookie1

• the sugar cane is back!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2004, 11:10:48 PM »
Noel, you are just shameless. You are a defraud ppl out of there $ but then also fish for compliments and want sympathy. If you want my justification for why you are a fraud look at http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,8151.new.html#new

I don't feel the slightest bit of sympathy for someone that sets up a website saying, "I'm broke and won't go to law school unless I get $200." And then says, "Oh that was just a joke, don't hate on me." No where on your website did you mention that it was just a joke, which defrauds ppl who donate $ on the basis that you said out. It's tantamount to holding a charity event to raise funds for your cancer treatment and then telling everyone that you don't really have cancer and it was all just a joke. You deserve to feel awful and probably even locked up for fraud. Reasonable ppl don't behave like this, con artists do. I'm sure that this is just a ploy to get even more sympathy and in turn more donations. If others don't care about you, it is because you are self-serving and a liar. You don't need a thicker skin, you need to stop scamming ppl. I wouldn't be suprised if someone who donated $ would call the Portland police and press charges vs. you for fraud.

I don't think Noell was saying it was a joke that she doesn't have money, just that she didn't expect people to give money.  That is in no way the same thing as someone lying about having cancer.  The girl is doing what she can to pay her bills and get her life back together, and some of us on this board are proud of her for that and choose to give her money to be good people.  That's not fraud.  Anyone giving her money is doing it out of the kindness of their hearts, and those aren't the types of people that call police to report fraud because they gave money to someone who didn't think that people would.

martinpuppy

« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2004, 04:15:17 PM »
Noell,
I am just a lurker, but had to respond.
You are giving way too much information out about yourself in a very public venue. I read this site for entertainment and know people in admissions who do so as well.  Anyone could read this. Perhaps you might find a sympathetic, supportive person through a place of work or a referral service and not be so reliant on strangers who do not have your best interests in mind.  I live in Portland as well and I know there are many counselors available at no charge who can provide the help you so obviously need.

Matthew_24_24

« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2004, 06:41:29 PM »
Noell:  Do what I do...go on the offensive and put up a big wall so  you can't be hurt!

Heh, j/k.

But seriously, sometimes you just need to be aggressive.  Easy for me to say...but that philosophy has pulled me through so many situations. 

Matt