Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: UCLA waitlist  (Read 9009 times)

vqchuang

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: UCLA waitlist
« Reply #60 on: February 21, 2007, 10:15:05 PM »
Although I am not a California resident and I've heard rumors that that has something to do with it.

Do you think that LA wants more in state and Boalt cares less? Boalt wants to be more national?
When is LA going to start accepting people again instead of waitlisting them?!?!?!

dgutc

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 22, 2007, 11:40:39 AM »
I have no sources or whatever and I don't claim to know anything about the inner workings of the UCLA admissions office...i just distinctly remember hearing somewhere that a high % of UCLA's class was California residents...dunno though.

As far as if I'll attend Boalt...well...yeah probably. Unless I get in off the waitlist at Penn there's almost a 100% chance i'm going there...I'd rather go out to Cali than up to Michigan or stay near where I am now (TN) by going to UVA...

We'll see though

prelaw200

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 22, 2007, 12:05:28 PM »
72% of last years incoming class was in-state.
Me Go Cornell

Funky Cold Hrdina

• Sr. Citizen
  • Relative Anonymity
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 23, 2007, 09:38:05 AM »
Although I am not a California resident and I've heard rumors that that has something to do with it.

Do you think that LA wants more in state and Boalt cares less? Boalt wants to be more national?
When is LA going to start accepting people again instead of waitlisting them?!?!?!

The wait is eating my up inside. Looking at LSN there have to be more acceptances coming, but rejection is the next stage of the process and it's killing me.

vqchuang

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: February 23, 2007, 02:53:36 PM »

The wait is eating my up inside. Looking at LSN there have to be more acceptances coming, but rejection is the next stage of the process and it's killing me.

I think my fiance is going to stab me the next time I tell her about how another person with good numbers got waitlisted. Or how dgutc is in at  boalt but out at LA.

monserrat

• Sr. Citizen
  • mis preciosos
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 23, 2007, 02:55:55 PM »

I think my fiance is going to stab me the next time I tell her about how another person with good numbers got waitlisted. Or how dgutc is in at  boalt but out at LA.

that's so funny, i think my friends think i'm a huge loser every time i talk about my law school blog friends.  oh well, they just don't understand.
Michigan 2010

r85

• View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #66 on: February 24, 2007, 01:54:27 PM »
Thought I'd join the waitlist club...

166/3.86, not a CA resident.  Got the letter Tuesday, along with my GULC waitlist.  Ah, what a great day for the mail.  :-\

monserrat

• Sr. Citizen
  • mis preciosos
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 25, 2007, 04:35:53 PM »

166/3.86, not a CA resident.  Got the letter Tuesday, along with my GULC waitlist.  Ah, what a great day for the mail.  :-\

sorry to hear that, good luck with both of them. not sure where you are, but a friend of mine at ucla law says that it helps to visit if you are on the waitlist
Michigan 2010

Pugnacious

• Sr. Citizen
  • C'est law vie...
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 25, 2007, 04:43:00 PM »

sorry to hear that, good luck with both of them. not sure where you are, but a friend of mine at ucla law says that it helps to visit if you are on the waitlist

Really? Just go and tell the admissions office that you've been waitlisted and want to visit the school, or what?
My cycle is officially over. Boalt Law 2010!

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=pugattack

vqchuang

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #69 on: February 26, 2007, 03:12:44 AM »
What I want to know is
Does UCLA accept by Email AND then send out a snail mail?
Does UCLA waitlist ONLY by snail mail?

This will let me know whether or not I should rejoice over a letter from UCLA without having received an email.