Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: is it necessary to purchase the LSACD?  (Read 933 times)

junebug

is it necessary to purchase the LSACD?
« on: September 10, 2004, 01:28:55 PM »
is the only benefit that you can apply with a common application? 
it's not required to purchase this, right? ???
can you just request individual applications from the schools you're interested in and submit them that way? 
thanks

christina

Re: is it necessary to purchase the LSACD?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2004, 02:36:55 PM »
is the only benefit that you can apply with a common application? 
it's not required to purchase this, right? ???
can you just request individual applications from the schools you're interested in and submit them that way? 
thanks
Yeah, you can do it that way, but some schools require the LSAC submission, so its best to find out what your schools wants.

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2004, 02:38:42 PM »
I haven't seen schools that require LSAC submission, though there may be some, but I've seen schools that prefer that form of submission.  If you can afford the $54, I would just get it.  It's very convenient, has the common info form, keeps everything in a centralized location, is accessible from different computers, and shows the status of your apps after you turn them in and stuff.  Well worth the price, I think.
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2004, 03:12:53 PM »
What's the alternative to using the CD?  Is it just applying directly online to each individual school (cuz that'd be a bummer since it'd so much time)?

Yes, pretty much.  Bummer because of time, all the different websites, not necessarily having status updates (I don't know exactly how advanced the different schools' online apps are), etc.  It's not that big of a deal, I guess, especially if you're not applying to that many schools.  But my current list is at 12 right now, so $54 is just fine.  And it was when my list was at 8 too.
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?