Law School Discussion

UPenn ASW 2007

Saja

• Into enemy territory...
    • View Profile
Re: UPenn ASW 2007
« Reply #200 on: March 25, 2007, 06:40:36 PM »
Been reading this board for a month or so. Following ASW and admit info. Will use my virgin post to let yalls know that my first visit to Penn law has me pretty psyched on the school (knowing how much you care). Based on what Ive read and heard from current students, and experienced this weekend, I for one believe the hype about UPenn being one of the more friendly environments out of the top law schools. I stuck around philly with a buddy and sunday was amazingly beautiful. Sunny and high 60s. T-shirt weather. Took a tour of the main campus which is a half block from the law school and really nice. Fine arts library looks like a great place to study and get away from the law school for a bit. Too bad thurs-sat was shite weather-wise. guess that's early spring in the northeast for you.

I think Im in the same boat as about 20 people I met. deciding between one of the two NY schools, Chicago, virginia and Penn. ready to withdraw from duke and GULC.  Penn has the overall edge right now. But this decision is not going to be easy. Oh yeah—171, 3.6. That seems to be important frame of reference information. Perhaps most importantly, I need a national league team to route for, I hate the mets, and the phillies appear poised to make a run. Ryan howard is a beast.

Using baseball as a method for choosing law school is perfectly reasonable.  Of course, in my case that would lead directly to CLS, but perhaps I could find a small place in my heart for the Phillies.  Stranger things have happened.

Team Pam

• "You know, I invented electricity."
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 25, 2007, 07:24:04 PM »
Oooh, I forgot how pretty the fine arts library is.  It would be a great place to study.

And for the record, Dash is quite nice, as is Saja.  You'd never guess she was a Yankee fan.  ;)

m1

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 25, 2007, 07:28:05 PM »
I think being classmates with Dash would make law school a lot more interesting.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she picks Penn, although her love of Harvard's LRAP is forcing me to keep my expectations low  :-\

« Reply #203 on: March 25, 2007, 07:56:23 PM »
All the red sox and yankees fans can find a middle ground with the phillies if we all go to penn. its like dogs and cats living peacefully and happily together. unless of course one of those teams makes it to the world series AGAINST the philles. which, in terms of preseason vegas odds, is the most likely scenario, and would tear a hole in our new peaceful law school universe. 

Saja

• Into enemy territory...
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 25, 2007, 08:08:05 PM »
All the red sox and yankees fans can find a middle ground with the phillies if we all go to penn. its like dogs and cats living peacefully and happily together. unless of course one of those teams makes it to the world series AGAINST the philles. which, in terms of preseason vegas odds, is the most likely scenario, and would tear a hole in our new peaceful law school universe. 

Haha, bring it on.

« Reply #205 on: March 25, 2007, 08:14:32 PM »
Phillies are going to be great to watch this year. Chase Utley is the man. Chase's chicks could be a fun extracurricular option. :) : http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=98437845

though Ill be part of the the howard's homers

« Reply #206 on: March 26, 2007, 09:38:15 AM »

« Reply #207 on: March 26, 2007, 10:47:45 AM »