Law School Discussion

UPenn ASW 2007

Re: UPenn ASW 2007
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2007, 04:07:35 PM »
I'm in Ruger's Con Law and Wagner's IP, plus I took the Morse crim law mock class. 

What date is this?  In Con Law, we'll be somewhere in the middle of individual rights stuff: either freedom of speech, abortion, right to die, right to privacy, or discrimination.  IP will probably just be starting patents.  The course website is here: http://www.law.upenn.edu/blogs/polk/ip/schedule.html

For the ladies: Ruger is a total doll!  ;)

Feel free to ask me other questions, if you got 'em...

'tiki

• Big Red goes to Philly
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2007, 08:55:38 PM »
Signed up for the Con Law class. So excited!

Shark

• Dnn...Dnn..
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2007, 08:59:03 PM »
Hi, demingh.  I checked out your LSN bio. 

mine was too. ill miss quarters. i like quarters. im mildly terrified of the idea of studying a subject for an entire semester long.

Does this mean you're not considering Chicago anymore?  I"m interested in both Penn & Chicago but am not sure about going to the quarter system from semesters. You prefer quarters?

Just saw this, sorry. I actually applied last year and am committed to CLS, so yeah Chicago is out. I loved quarters in UG, in all fairness, I'm not sure how I feel about it in law school. Semesters are just a very foreign concept for me. I have a friend from ug who went to Chicago for law school (so quarters-->quarters) and even though she was accustomed to that setup, she has said Chicago's having quarters in law school is one of her biggest complaints.

Like I said, I really have no idea having never been to law school. I imagine you get accustomed to whatever setup you are given.

Sorry.  Guess I should have looked at your LSN bio a little closer.  :) 
Or your signature block. :)

Is your friend on LSD?  If not, would you mind elaborating on her reasons for disliking the quarter system. 

'tiki

• Big Red goes to Philly
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2007, 12:02:30 PM »
Tag.

There has to be more LSDers attending Penn's ASW. Right?

Shark

• Dnn...Dnn..
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2007, 08:12:54 PM »
Hi, demingh.  I checked out your LSN bio. 

mine was too. ill miss quarters. i like quarters. im mildly terrified of the idea of studying a subject for an entire semester long.

Does this mean you're not considering Chicago anymore?  I"m interested in both Penn & Chicago but am not sure about going to the quarter system from semesters. You prefer quarters?

Just saw this, sorry. I actually applied last year and am committed to CLS, so yeah Chicago is out. I loved quarters in UG, in all fairness, I'm not sure how I feel about it in law school. Semesters are just a very foreign concept for me. I have a friend from ug who went to Chicago for law school (so quarters-->quarters) and even though she was accustomed to that setup, she has said Chicago's having quarters in law school is one of her biggest complaints.

Like I said, I really have no idea having never been to law school. I imagine you get accustomed to whatever setup you are given.

Sorry.  Guess I should have looked at your LSN bio a little closer.  :) 
Or your signature block. :)

Is your friend on LSD?  If not, would you mind elaborating on her reasons for disliking the quarter system. 

she's not - i just think that she doesn't appreciate having finals three times a year!  :D

understandable ;)

« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2007, 08:52:55 PM »
I haven't RSVP'ed yet, but I should be in attendance.

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2007, 09:01:17 PM »
I guess I'll go.  I mean, I live down the street from the law school.

The Pookie

• the penguin is back!
    • View Profile
    • For Inquiring Minds - LSN
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2007, 09:07:49 PM »
i can't decide!!!!

i know, i know, it's between....a less stressful spring break or ASW for me...

is doing the penn preview thing a total cop-out?

honestly, i know that one of the major advantages of the asw is that you get to meet your future classmates, but i have some things to square off with the adminstration about so i'm not even sure i'd get much time to chill and my SO wants to go...

'tiki

• Big Red goes to Philly
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2007, 09:56:32 PM »
Just booked my flights. Totally psyched!! (even though it cuts into my spring break too)

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2007, 01:07:12 AM »
i can't decide!!!!

i know, i know, it's between....a less stressful spring break or ASW for me...

is doing the penn preview thing a total cop-out?

honestly, i know that one of the major advantages of the asw is that you get to meet your future classmates, but i have some things to square off with the adminstration about so i'm not even sure i'd get much time to chill and my SO wants to go...

is the penn preview on a friday?  i think the benefit of doing this stuff is talking to current students and faculty (especially try to find students who aren't affiliated without the event, so you can get the real lowdown).  the problem is, few of us 1Ls are around friday--some people have one class, and i don't have any because my con law prof. moved our classes to mon.

but, if y'all want to have an LSD meetup, i'll try to make it... i can prolly get at least towelie to come, too.