Law School Discussion

Next rankings - predictions

Captain

• View Profile
Re: Next rankings - predictions
« Reply #140 on: March 09, 2007, 06:46:35 PM »
who here is going to use the next rankings to decide where to go?

Not exclusively, but I definitely plan to take any movement into account.

Finally, back to subject...Somebody may have already mention this, but what's the word on the street about George Mason.  Will it continue its fast climb or stabilize?

Stabilize. If they go up it won't be much. There is too much snobbery involved for Mason to go that much higher.

« Reply #141 on: March 14, 2007, 06:07:10 PM »

Finally, back to subject...Somebody may have already mention this, but what's the word on the street about George Mason.  Will it continue its fast climb or stabilize?

Stabilize. If they go up it won't be much. There is too much snobbery involved for Mason to go that much higher.

You think?  I thought the only thing holding them back was the fact that they were so new and they haven't had time to establish an academic reputation amongst the stogey older legal community who take these surveys.  Their acceptance rate is good and their student academic numbers are better than average and 1st salary is pretty high.  I really don't know, that's just what I've heard.  Am I incorrect?

P.S. Just like ESPN, posters on this thread talk way too much about the Yankees and Redsox.  Its like a argument among the Titanics' violinists about who plays better.  Baseball is dying.  As a pre-1994, pre-interleague play fan, I have my shovel ready to bury it. 

« Reply #142 on: March 15, 2007, 10:49:05 AM »
Look for Hastings to recover a bit.

They were actually talking about Fever Pitch, but ummm . . . what?

No, I got that.

One of them brought up the Packers, and how they didn't sell themselves out for some bad romantic comedy. I linked that movie, in which the Packers are whored prominently. 

« Reply #143 on: March 15, 2007, 12:57:30 PM »

You think?  I thought the only thing holding them back was the fact that they were so new and they haven't had time to establish an academic reputation amongst the stogey older legal community who take these surveys.  Their acceptance rate is good and their student academic numbers are better than average and 1st salary is pretty high.  I really don't know, that's just what I've heard.  Am I incorrect?

P.S. Just like ESPN, posters on this thread talk way too much about the Yankees and Redsox.  Its like a argument among the Titanics' violinists about who plays better.  Baseball is dying.  As a pre-1994, pre-interleague play fan, I have my shovel ready to bury it. 

How come so many teams set record breaking attendances last year?

« Reply #144 on: March 15, 2007, 02:13:21 PM »

First, cause football hasn't taken over every market yet....yet.  Also, the death rate is slowing down while older generations are starting to attend more games.  However, younger generations are not.  Baseball's losing them to football and probably soccer one day.  Give it a few years, baseball would lose its fan base to mortality.

« Reply #145 on: March 20, 2007, 04:49:07 AM »

First, cause football hasn't taken over every market yet....yet.  Also, the death rate is slowing down while older generations are starting to attend more games.  However, younger generations are not.  Baseball's losing them to football and probably soccer one day.  Give it a few years, baseball would lose its fan base to mortality.

Hey baseball at least has hockey's number.

beeker

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 20, 2007, 07:24:26 AM »
I['m a bit behind, but I will throw my random rankings in, too.  My March Madness bracket is performing so poorly, hopefully this will redeem me.

1. Yale
2. Stanford
3. Harvard
4. NYU
5. Columbia/Chicago
7. Penn/Michigan
9. Boalt/ UVA
11. Duke
12. Northwestern
13. Georgetown
14. Cornell
15. Texas
16. UCLA
17. Vanderbilt/ USC/ GW
20. WUSTL

« Reply #147 on: March 20, 2007, 07:28:07 AM »
I['m a bit behind, but I will throw my random rankings in, too.  My March Madness bracket is performing so poorly, hopefully this will redeem me.

1. Yale
2. Stanford
3. Harvard
4. NYU
5. Columbia/Chicago
7. Penn/Michigan
9. Boalt/ UVA
11. Duke
12. Northwestern
13. Georgetown
14. Cornell
15. Texas
16. UCLA
17. Vanderbilt/ USC/ GW
20. WUSTL

That is interesting, usually Minnesota is a lock at 19. Although I can't seem to find their numbers from last year on their site, so maybe they will slip.
If they do slip it could be ugly since they base most of their propaganda on the fact that they are a "Top20" school.

« Reply #148 on: March 20, 2007, 07:28:38 AM »

1. Yale
2. Stanford
3. Harvard
4. NYU
5. Columbia/Chicago
7. Penn/Michigan
9. Boalt/ UVA
11. Duke
12. Northwestern
13. Georgetown
14. Cornell
15. Texas
16. UCLA
17. Vanderbilt/ USC/ GW
20. WUSTL

I see you are pre-trolling for you admits to GW, NYU and GULC.

beeker

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 20, 2007, 07:39:20 AM »

1. Yale
2. Stanford
3. Harvard
4. NYU
5. Columbia/Chicago
7. Penn/Michigan
9. Boalt/ UVA
11. Duke
12. Northwestern
13. Georgetown
14. Cornell
15. Texas
16. UCLA
17. Vanderbilt/ USC/ GW
20. WUSTL

I see you are pre-trolling for you admits to GW, NYU and GULC.

caught! 

and yeah, I am really feeling a slip for Minnesota, I don't know why, just a feeling