Law School Discussion

Next rankings - predictions

Re: Next rankings - predictions
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2007, 04:36:27 PM »
I'm a bit curious as to why the majority of those who have posted their personal rankings show Stanford as number 3. Any legitimate reasons as to why you guys think they'll take a dip or Harvard will make the jump?

jd2bee

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2007, 04:39:00 PM »
I'm a bit curious as to why the majority of those who have posted their personal rankings show Stanford as number 3. Any legitimate reasons as to why you guys think they'll take a dip or Harvard will make the jump?

Well I got into Harvard and have not yet heard from Stanford.  Harvard clearly has better taste, and that's worth at least a point on the USNWR scale, right?   ;D

Really, I did it just to mix things up a bit.

Schruted

• I love her.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2007, 09:40:06 PM »

Because they know they have zero chance of getting into Stanford (not that I have a chance or anything).

jer

• i likes gold chapstick
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2007, 05:37:12 AM »
wherever i end up will surely drop a spot or two
/just sayin'

« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2007, 02:38:12 PM »
I'm more eagerly awaiting the Cooley rankings... this is the year they break into the T14, I know it *crosses fingers*  :D

mae8

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2007, 07:41:31 PM »
I'm more eagerly awaiting the Cooley rankings... this is the year they break into the T14, I know it *crosses fingers*  :D

i just hope emory finally becomes a t50 school

Edna St. Vincent Millay

• "Portrait of a Poetess"
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2007, 08:39:16 PM »
wherever i end up will surely drop a spot or two
/just sayin'

hahaha, i love it. me too, i'm sure, me too.

i think NYU is going to overtake Columbia. What do you guys think?
i also think UVa/Mich/Boalt are going to break up, but I'm not sure how. i feel that Penn is going to end up in a tie with one of them. maybe Boalt?

who here is going to use the next rankings to decide where to go?

« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2007, 11:24:49 PM »
I have a better question, who cares about the next rankings?

Ok, ok, here are my predictions:

1. USC
2. Michican
3. Florida
4. Oklahoma
5. Boise State
6. LSU
7. Tennessee
8. California
9. Ohio State
10.Wisconsin
11.Auburn
12.Nebraska
13.Oregon
14.West Virginia

Those are my predictions for the top 14 D1 college football teams...

Seriously, the US News rankings are neat and good for making some people feel better about themselves, but they are ultimately just rankings put out by a private company using questionable methodology.  Judge a school on a variety of factors, not a stupid ranking.  Just one man's opinion, but I really think that the rankings, while useful, are largely subjective and not legitimate.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

• "Portrait of a Poetess"
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2007, 06:42:38 AM »
Judge a school on a variety of factors, not a stupid ranking.  Just one man's opinion, but I really think that the rankings, while useful, are largely subjective and not legitimate.

i agree, but, as long as the rankings exist, people (not just applicants) will pay attention.

there is something to be said for wanting to attend a school that has a good reputation with employers and the public, and the us news ranking gives a good indication, often, of the school's reputation. i can't see using the rankings to go to school #11 instead of #12, but i personally would rather attending a school that's climbing instead of descending.. but only if all the other factors are there.

Root Hog

• The USA PATRIOT Act
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2007, 10:05:05 AM »
I have a better question, who cares about the next rankings?

Ok, ok, here are my predictions:

1. USC
2. Michican
3. Florida
4. Oklahoma
5. Boise State
6. LSU
7. Tennessee
8. California
9. Ohio State
10.Wisconsin
11.Auburn
12.Nebraska
13.Oregon
14.West Virginia

Those are my predictions for the top 14 D1 college football teams...

Where are my Razorbacks??!! 10-4 with losses to the teams that finished 1,3,4, and5 along with the returning Heisman candidate.You gonna dis' us by putting us behind Auburn, Tennessee, and LSU? A curse on your family! A curse I say!