143argh

t
« on: February 13, 2007, 02:04:18 PM »
e

wolfpack2

• Sr. Citizen
  • I should be reading cases....
    • View Profile
Re: Care to give me some advice, guys (update on 143argh).
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2007, 02:26:44 PM »
I was a little surprised to learn that instead of seeing young'ens as a good things, some law schools see us as a scary applicant because we could be immature/no life experience etc.  Luckily I turned 21 less than two weeks after the LSAT so I think I have that on my side, but who knows.  If you don't get into the schools you want I would say take a year off and do something exciting that makes you a more valuable applicant.  Or maybe write an addendum about how awesome your 18 years have been and how prepared you are to start in fall???

Good luck! If you don't mind me asking, how did you do it so fast? I thought three years was good!

iscoredawaitlist

• Sr. Citizen
  • The beagle puppy of anticipation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 02:31:57 PM »
i don't really see law schools thinking good things about child prodigies. They're interesting while they're children, but they're much less so when they become adults.

that being said, you're accepted to two great schools. I think if you can stand waiting a couple of years, that's good advice, but at the same time, i'm sure if you do well at USC or ND that you'll find a job somewhere.

Captain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/5526/thumbid5.jpg
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2007, 03:49:29 PM »
i don't really see law schools thinking good things about child prodigies. They're interesting while they're children, but they're much less so when they become adults.

that being said, you're accepted to two great schools. I think if you can stand waiting a couple of years, that's good advice, but at the same time, i'm sure if you do well at USC or ND that you'll find a job somewhere.

TITCR. You're in at ND and USC. Hopefully you applied to these schools because you would actually attend them if accepted... What more is there to say?

Some schools will look unfavorably upon your age: less so if your application shows signs of maturity. You have two acceptances and the option to go to law school at 18. A couple years of real work experience might make you a lock for Harvard/Stanford or even Yale (depending on your LSAT).

The choice is ultimately yours to make. There isn't really a wrong answer. What was your major?
VIP.

Commie Panda

• Sr. Citizen
  • Don't worry, I'm not really a commie...or a panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2007, 05:51:12 PM »
I'd love to go to ND. If you don't think you want to go yet, kindly withdraw  :)

Shark

• Dnn...Dnn..
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2007, 06:05:35 PM »
How about something fun for you...you've obviously been hitting the books hard to graduate at 18.  Why not do some traveling?
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the courthouse.

well eggy

• Sr. Citizen
  • Dis well-important fing you iz heard ov call Justz
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2007, 06:09:04 PM »
How about something fun for you...you've obviously been hitting the books hard to graduate at 18.  Why not do some traveling?

Seconded.  There is no rush at 18.  The schools may even be doing you a favor.

Do something fantastic, or indulgent.  Or both.  You'll be well situated after even another two years or so.

dashrashi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2007, 07:15:37 PM »
I'm disappointed in Notre Dame.

Why be mean? The kid has a fantastic GPA, which I assume he earned. Many, many people get into many, many law schools on greater bull than that (e.g. myself).
This sig kills fascists.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=dashrashi

Saw dashrashi's LSN site. Since she seems to use profanity, one could say that HYP does not necessarily mean class or refinement.

UncleLSAT

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2007, 07:47:22 PM »
A good reason to wait is that you'll undoutedly get a better lsat, and have way better soft factors, down the road than right now. So it's sort of like deciding whether or not to go to a more prestigious school down the road. You also might perform better in law school down the road, which will have the biggest effect on what you can do with your law degree.
"Method actors give you a photograph. Real actors give you an oil painting." --Charles Laughton

In: BU, GWU, Emory, UTEX
Deferred: Boalt, UPenn, Northwestern
Out: UChicago, Yale, GULC

166/3.83

bobknob

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2007, 10:55:14 PM »
Yeah, I saw another guy's LSN profile that was in almost the same situation (18, great stats). Law schools just don't seem to look favorably towards 18 year old applicants.

Just out of curiosity, did you make a big deal about your young age and quick graduation rate in your PS/DS/etc, or did you just sort of try to hide it?