Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: My Cancellation Calculations  (Read 991 times)

well eggy

• Sr. Citizen
  • Dis well-important fing you iz heard ov call Justz
    • View Profile
Re: My Cancellation Calculations
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2007, 04:09:15 PM »
Of course it's realistic.

In the approximately two months that I've been self-studying, I've raised my average preptest score about 10 points. On occasion, I've hit as high as 168. If I can find the cash to take a Powerscore course, I'm confident I can raise it an additional 5-7 points, if not more.

I was in a hurry to try to get in for Fall 2007, which severely limited my study time. There is no doubt in my mind that a solid course and a few more months of study will dramatically improve my score.

Points 158 through 168 are a heckuva lot easier to come by than points 169 through 175.  You are moving from learning how the test works to working the test over. 

LawSchoolDunce

• View Profile
    • Law School Dunce
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2007, 10:28:42 PM »
Yeah, but no matter how I look at it, I know two months of study wasn't enough to be fully prepared, which means there's room to improve. If I had been studying for six months or longer, I might have admitted to hitting the ceiling.

Shinjuku

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2007, 08:13:58 PM »
it sounds like you're convinced you can do substantially better.  the questions then just become when you want to start school and how much you'd be willing to wait a year to go to a better school, both of which only you can answer.
BLS '11

My LSN