Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

Which LSAT section do you most frequently score the lowest in?

Logical Reasoning
 7 (30.4%)
Reading Comprehension
 7 (30.4%)
Logic Games/Analytical Reasoning
 9 (39.1%)
Written Section
 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Author Topic: Worst LSAT section? Vote here!  (Read 584 times)

christina

Worst LSAT section? Vote here!
« on: September 10, 2004, 03:45:44 AM »
I don't know if this poll has already been done, but I'd just like to see how LSD rates the difficulty of the sections.

I suck at LG, although I am improving slightly. For me at least, I think they are the easiet to improve upon. LR and RC are somewhat easier for me, but they are slightly more difficult to improve upon. :'(

Your thoughts?

Cool Hand Luke

• View Profile
Re: Worst LSAT section? Vote here!
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2004, 03:59:01 AM »
In the actual test, games was the only section I got a perfect score in, with over five minutes to spare (review). I only missed one in reading with nearly five minutes left over to correct mistakes. This mirrored my practice tests.

I find reasoning the most time-consuming and error-prone. Almost every question is a new set-up. I could barely finish the sections, and any time checking was swallowed by re-reading (or rather, reading closely for the first time) answers for damn parallel reasoning questions. I made silly mistakes.

For some reason I don't have this problem with reading comprehensive. For me, having only four real set-ups is a lot less draining.

As for games, they're second nature to me. Probably because I used to do logic puzzles for fun.
3.58/172 LSN: CoolHandLuke
Since that seems to be the thing y'all do around here.

christina

Re: Worst LSAT section? Vote here!
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2004, 04:07:02 AM »
In the actual test, games was the only section I got a perfect score in, with over five minutes to spare (review). I only missed one in reading with nearly five minutes left over to correct mistakes. This mirrored my practice tests.

I find reasoning the most time consuming and error-prone. Almost every question is a new set-up and I could barely finished the sections. I made silly mistakes like misread the question. For some reason I don't have this problem with reading.

As for games, they're second nature to me. Probably because I used to do logic puzzles for fun.

Wow, impressive! My first practice test, I got 5 out of 25. :) But I definetly know what you mean with LG. They're just so cut and dry, if you can master the setup, you got the answers down. Thats why theyre probably the easiest to improve upon. In my second test, I got 11 out of 25, so there's hope for me! ;D