Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Rant: I'm really sick of the Obama hate by these so-called Negro "leaders"  (Read 8640 times)

Eugene Young

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Particularly, the opportunistic poverty pimps, hustlers and shucksters, "Rev." Al Sharpton, and "Rev" Jesse "Keep hope alive, (and my pockets laced" Jackson. These two negroes have some nerve. Even mumble mouthed Tavis Smiley and badly in need of a shape up Ivory Tower ish talker Cornel West have started to pile on. First of all, it's bad enough that we've reached a stage in this country where black leadership is so pitiful and innocuous that white folks don't feel threatened enough to waste a bullet on anybody. Now we got these Negroes implying that Obama isn't black enough. Damn, this dude ain't African-American? He's of Kenyan descent for crying out loud. Are descendants of American slaves the only people who can legitimately hold blackness? Where would that leave Marcus Garvey? Dude can't only pander to the black vote. Hell, we ain't even the largest minority in this country anymore. He's actually trying to run a legitimate campaign, not some symbolic foolishness that these shucksters rolled out.

Ok rant over. I finished what I have to say, y'all can continue on.

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Rant: I'm really sick of the Obama hate by these so-called Negro "leaders"
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 09:08:36 PM »
Particularly, the opportunistic poverty pimps, hustlers and shucksters, "Rev." Al Sharpton, and "Rev" Jesse "Keep hope alive, (and my pockets laced" Jackson. These two negroes have some nerve. Even mumble mouthed Tavis Smiley and badly in need of a shape up Ivory Tower ish talker Cornel West have started to pile on. First of all, it's bad enough that we've reached a stage in this country where black leadership is so pitiful and innocuous that white folks don't feel threatened enough to waste a bullet on anybody. Now we got these Negroes implying that Obama isn't black enough. Damn, this dude ain't African-American? He's of Kenyan descent for crying out loud. Are descendants of American slaves the only people who can legitimately hold blackness? Where would that leave Marcus Garvey? Dude can't only pander to the black vote. Hell, we ain't even the largest minority in this country anymore. He's actually trying to run a legitimate campaign, not some symbolic foolishness that these shucksters rolled out.

Ok rant over. I finished what I have to say, y'all can continue on.

Preach it!

Black enough?  Can we possibly get more ignorant?  How many points do you have to save up in order to make the "black" threshold?  His wife is black, he goes to a black church on the South-side of Chicago, he likes hip hop, he eats fried chicken...

...I mean the man's pops is directly from the motherland.   What else do they want?

That's a shame that cats are taking it there in 2007. 
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

dat_raw_n_tellect

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • My song!
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 03:46:32 AM »
AGREED!!  You both are so on point!  I am currently overseas in Japan so my television stays tuned to CNN and I try my best to keep up with what is going on.  It definitely broke my heart to hear that this man was facing opposition from the BLACK community!!  >:(  I mean come on!!  The dude is half Kenyan!!  Just because his background may not include American born slaves does not exclude him from being "African-American"!  It seems like we have some self-hatred going on in the worst way.

I can't wait to return home and join the campaign frenzy!!  And I will be in law school too!  What more can a girl ask for?!  :D
"What you get free costs too much."
-Jean Anouilh

EEtoJD

• Sr. Citizen
  • Football!!!
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2007, 03:56:58 AM »
SRSLY. I saw some woman on The Colbert Report claiming that he's not African-American because he's not descended from slaves, and therefore not entitled to the same status.

I think they just want Hillary in office. Ugh. I just donated to Obama's campaign.
I can't believe these obnoxious Michigan students, who use the board not to share information, but to socialize (as pathetic as that is)

LSN</

pikey

• LSD Obsessed
  • Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2007, 08:13:39 AM »
This is so true.  If you have to be descended from American slaves to be a black leader in the US, then you're gonna have hardly any black leadership.  Out of all my Black friends in college, at least half were 1st generation, children of West Indian and Ghanaian immigrants.  And of course they consider themselves to be as American as anyone else.  This 'black enough' business is nonsense.  It still irritates me when some Black Americans act like they're the only Black people in the world.   >:(
The noobs are so into themsleves you'd think they allready have offers at Tool, Tool, feminine hygiene product & Dumbass LLC

lsn

jer

• LSD Obsessed
  • i likes gold chapstick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2007, 08:23:47 AM »
the first thing that comes to mind is the black leaders that are talking smack (sharpton, jackson, etc) about obama are possibly doing so because they have worked so hard to get some arrangement with the democratic frontrunner (hillary) that gives them a sense of power by being held up by leading dems as the black leaders of america.  obama takes away from the power people like sharpton and jackson enjoy, and will take away from money that is donated to their organizations, which is money they control.  i don't think they want to give up the power politicians have bestowed upon them.  even though politicians basically ignore the black vote up until two weeks before the election, people like sharpton and jackson enjoy the benefits of being thought of as black leaders through a steady flow of contributions to their organizations, and they are afraid that will end if obama replaces them.

i could be wrong, but that's my gut feeling - jackson and sharpton lose money and power if obama gets media exposure and becomes a black leader that americans respect.  they're afraid he'll be the michael jordan or tiger woods of politics.

Statistic

• LSD Obsessed
  • I never had a chance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2007, 12:07:23 PM »
And to prove to Obama that he isn't black enough, they are going to throw their support behind... a white person!  ::) I swear c00ns are some funny creatures.
Look to the left -- Look to the right

Eugene Young

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2007, 12:28:53 PM »
And to prove to Obama that he isn't black enough, they are going to throw their support behind... a white person!  ::) I swear c00ns are some funny creatures.

Exactly. The self-hate of the Negro is somethin' else. They really believe that crap about Clinton being the first black president. tell Lani Guinier that *&^%.

jer

• LSD Obsessed
  • i likes gold chapstick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2007, 12:39:44 PM »
the only thing that bugs me about obama is he is playing politics by not actually taking many real stances on issues, he just says he's for stuff everyone is 'for' like 'i'm for better jobs, i'm for respecting old people when they retire and making life easier for them, i'm for making better policy decisions,' etc

EEtoJD

• Sr. Citizen
  • Football!!!
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2007, 02:35:32 PM »
the only thing that bugs me about obama is he is playing politics by not actually taking many real stances on issues, he just says he's for stuff everyone is 'for' like 'i'm for better jobs, i'm for respecting old people when they retire and making life easier for them, i'm for making better policy decisions,' etc

He's taking a stance on Iraq.

http://www.barackobama.com/issues/iraq/

Also, some of this stuff is more substantive than just pure political maneuvering, I think:

http://www.barackobama.com/issues/
I can't believe these obnoxious Michigan students, who use the board not to share information, but to socialize (as pathetic as that is)

LSN</