Law School Discussion

Using acceptances to get more acceptances?

Re: Using acceptances to get more acceptances?
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2007, 11:02:36 PM »
That's good to hear!  But what is a tasteful way of letting them know?

Just use your imagination. Send a letter of continued interest letting them know how much you want to go to their school and how you're hoping that they're still considering you, then drop in the information about the other school, but describe how you would much rather go to their school instead, etc.

Captain

• View Profile
    • http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/5526/thumbid5.jpg
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2007, 09:11:44 AM »
I'd love to use my Emory/GWPT acceptances to get BC, W&M and Fordham, but there is no school that is a clearcut sure-thing, if they accept me. I don't want to make any sort of promise to attend if accepted.

This time next month I may sing a different tune..

I also doubt that it would work. Perhaps for CERTAIN schools. Telling NYU that you prefer them over similarly-ranked Columbia, or telling Penn that you'd really rather be in Philadelphia than at Harvard... Who knows.

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2007, 10:45:57 AM »
What are your thoughts on writing a school in T7-14 that you were admitted to one of CCN if you were UNOFFICIALLY deferred?  (they never told you anything, but they're just taking a super long time on telling you anything)...

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2007, 12:04:44 PM »
Just use your imagination. Send a letter of continued interest letting them know how much you want to go to their school and how you're hoping that they're still considering you, then drop in the information about the other school, but describe how you would much rather go to their school instead, etc.

Yeah, unfortunately I already sent in a letter of continued interest before my acceptance to the other school.  I suppose if find a way to let them know I was accepted to a higher ranked school but would still prefer them (without sounding obnoxious) that it can't actually hurt my chances.  I'll do it as soon as I find the right wording...

thanks

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2007, 12:09:26 PM »
What are your thoughts on writing a school in T7-14 that you were admitted to one of CCN if you were UNOFFICIALLY deferred?  (they never told you anything, but they're just taking a super long time on telling you anything)...

Not a good idea.