Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: University of San Diego -- anyone likely going?  (Read 1968 times)

Yankees Fan

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ask+me
    • View Profile
University of San Diego -- anyone likely going?
« on: February 12, 2007, 12:32:38 PM »
Now that I've been admitted, I can heavily consider actually making the move out there.  I know there's threads about the school and the area, I'm just wondering if anyone who has been admitted is planning to attend.

If so, is anyone going to any of the ASWs?
USD 2010

ebirt07

• View Profile
Re: University of San Diego -- anyone likely going?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 12:50:10 PM »
I was born out there, but I moved when I was 10. My memory of SD is a little skewed, so I want to make one of the admitted days to get a feel for the school.  I just don't know if it's worth the $300 from the east coast. I'm pretty torn about moving back to SD, just because the COL is so damn high. Anybody making the trip?

Yankees Fan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2007, 12:57:58 PM »
I was born out there, but I moved when I was 10. My memory of SD is a little skewed, so I want to make one of the admitted days to get a feel for the school.  I just don't know if it's worth the $300 from the east coast. I'm pretty torn about moving back to SD, just because the COL is so damn high. Anybody making the trip?

I'll most likely be at the March 12th one.  It's going to cost me like $600 b/w air and hotel (I'm in NYC), but it's a small price to pay to ensure I'd be moving somewhere I could see myself living for at least several years.

The COL, from what I've seen is peanuts compared to what I have here in NYC.  Of course, depending where on the east coast you are, this will vary greatly.
USD 2010

SocalCash

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2007, 12:59:48 PM »
If I get in, one of my top of choices...pretty good school.

Yankees Fan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2007, 01:16:12 PM »
For anyone that is planning on attending, do you plan on living on or off campus?  And if off, how do you plan to go about finding a place?
USD 2010

ashley06

• Yes, I am crude and insufferable. Bite me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2007, 01:22:03 PM »
For anyone that is planning on attending, do you plan on living on or off campus?  And if off, how do you plan to go about finding a place?

Not going to USD, but I do know that craigslist.org and roommates.com are excellent resources for finding a place to live.
Attending: FSU
Accepted:  Barry ($$$), FCSL ($$), Stetson ($$), Ole Miss, UF, Memphis, Miami (FL)
Waitlisted:  UGA(W)
Rejected:

Johnny Stuffs His Mouth

• LSD Obsessed
  • 1/2 of the Golden Couple
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=johnkorean
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2007, 01:23:50 PM »

Go Tribe! Hark upon the gale!
I'll join the cool crowd: 3.23/173
Blinded by the light (Attending): UVA!!! Wahoo 2010!!!
Wrapped up like a feminine hygiene product (Accepted): UVA!! Fordham, Georgetown!!! NYU!!!!!!!!!
Another odor in the night (Rejected): Harvard
Let's go LSAT score! http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=johnkorean

sarahlina

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2007, 02:35:40 PM »
Congrats on your acceptance!  I know you were anxious about it.  I'm still in the indecidion boat.  Torn between staying in NYC or taking a risk in CA.  I was thinking about their admitted students weekend as well but I sure wish the school offered money to help you visit.

Yankees Fan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2007, 02:44:43 PM »
Congrats on your acceptance!  I know you were anxious about it.  I'm still in the indecidion boat.  Torn between staying in NYC or taking a risk in CA.  I was thinking about their admitted students weekend as well but I sure wish the school offered money to help you visit.

Thanks!  Granted I haven't heard back from any of the NYC schools I'd go to, I assume I'll get into at least one and will be in a similar situation.

Then I look at this and say it's not much of a decision...  :D

But in all seriousness, the prospect of moving across the country away from all of my friends and family, completely alone is scary as hell.  However, it just might be too good an opportunity to pass up...
USD 2010

ebirt07

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2007, 02:52:58 PM »

all i've ever been told is to stay within 5 minutes of the I-5 corridor... unless you found someplace near the bay.  we lived in del mar and that drive can turn into an epic one REAL fast, so i'd stay south of la jolla