Law School Discussion

should I go to law school

should I go to law school
« on: February 12, 2007, 09:04:38 AM »
I am financial analyst right now with average salary 70,000 per year in Canada. two kids and 34 years old. Got admission from two top25 schools, not financial aid yet so far. plus I am a international student with chinese as first language. I have faced tough decision about if I should give up my job to go to USA to persue law career. Anyway, my wife really support me and USA have so much better job market than Canada. That is something I want to go to law school. but I still need to be realistic because I am going to compete with some guys who are young, native speaker for job down the road. Would you anyone like to give me some opinion. thanks.

jsbowen

• "Straight cash, homey"
    • View Profile
Re: should I go to law school
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 09:26:17 AM »
I will pass on some very good advice I received from a recent law school graduate.  If you decide to go to law school (and only you can really make that decision), commit to the decision 100%.  Those that aren't fully committed usually don't make it.

aerynn

• Wait, what?
    • View Profile
    • http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=aerynn
    • Email
Re: should I go to law school
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 11:52:12 AM »
I am financial analyst right now with average salary 70,000 per year in Canada. two kids and 34 years old. Got admission from two top25 schools, not financial aid yet so far. plus I am a international student with chinese as first language. I have faced tough decision about if I should give up my job to go to USA to persue law career. Anyway, my wife really support me and USA have so much better job market than Canada. That is something I want to go to law school. but I still need to be realistic because I am going to compete with some guys who are young, native speaker for job down the road. Would you anyone like to give me some opinion. thanks.

Do you want to go to make more money or because you think it will be more interesting?  If it is for money, you should think about keeping your present job.  If it is for more personal reasons, go for it!