Law School Discussion

Hank Rearden

• Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
Re: U. Chicago ASW 2007
« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2007, 10:18:16 PM »
hank, you'll just have to come here next year and experience it for yourself next february! and for everyone else, i highly recommend ASW; it really gave me a flavor for the kind of people here and really clinched my decision.

brinkman as helmholz was something else. but my favorite was the long disheveled wig for harcourt, as well as when he saved my law school gpa through what he "could only assume was a moving portrait of a death row prisoner" right after i had acquitted eric posner of baby-trading charges. yay musical!

That was chancemeeting-cum-Harcourt dropping an XO Torts Robot reference.

I think I was one of 10 people who laughed really, really hard at that line. Everyone else was just confused.

<====== confused

« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2007, 10:34:37 PM »
I'll be there - but I can't decide whether or not I should get a host, stay at a hotel or stay with a friend in Chicago...Any thoughts?

MindTheGap76

• UChicago Alum ('08)
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: March 08, 2007, 10:41:30 PM »
I'll be there - but I can't decide whether or not I should get a host, stay at a hotel or stay with a friend in Chicago...Any thoughts?

Get a student host. It's the best way to go.

MindTheGap76

• UChicago Alum ('08)
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: March 08, 2007, 10:43:24 PM »
hank, you'll just have to come here next year and experience it for yourself next february! and for everyone else, i highly recommend ASW; it really gave me a flavor for the kind of people here and really clinched my decision.

brinkman as helmholz was something else. but my favorite was the long disheveled wig for harcourt, as well as when he saved my law school gpa through what he "could only assume was a moving portrait of a death row prisoner" right after i had acquitted eric posner of baby-trading charges. yay musical!

I think I was one of 10 people who laughed really, really hard at that line. Everyone else was just confused.

<====== confused

http://www.xoxohth.com/thread.php?thread_id=315257&forum_id=2

Hank Rearden

• Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 08, 2007, 10:51:28 PM »

<====== confused

http://www.xoxohth.com/thread.php?thread_id=315257&forum_id=2

I thought it was uncouth to admit in public that you post on XOXO?

And don't link a thread to xoxo with poor newbie ashleychristina watching!  She might get traumatized!

« Reply #55 on: March 09, 2007, 01:23:21 AM »
Tag

« Reply #56 on: March 09, 2007, 09:59:17 PM »
Yay for all of the excitement for UChicago ASW!!!  We are all looking forward to meeting you guys.  Perhaps Claire1 can give a little impromptu show (wearing a striped shirt)- my personal request, "It's a 1L Life" to the tune of "It's a Hard Knock Life."  Just a little sample of what was in the musical. :) (attempt to show that U of C students do in fact have a sense of humor...once a quarter)

Also, for those of you who are interested in the Musical, Federalist Society, etc - there will be a student organization fair during Wine Mess on Friday.  That should give a great sense of the wide variety of activities available at U of C - ranging from the more intellectual (Burke, various journals) to the goofy (Musical, Phoenix - student newspaper, softball trip) to public interest (StreetLaw, Public Interest Law Society).  You will also get to meet the cast of characters who run (more or less) these groups. :)  And speaking of characters, there should be a number of faculty around... :-X

As was suggested by MindTheGap76, I'd also recommend staying with a student.  That will be the best way to get a sense of the school.  Also, if people are getting onto campus early, I recommended to another student the idea of using the facebook Class of 2010 page to efficiently organize yourselves...

U of C is a great place - we look forward to meeting you soon! ;D

clairel

• UChicago 3L
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2007, 08:21:47 PM »
Yay for all of the excitement for UChicago ASW!!!  We are all looking forward to meeting you guys.  Perhaps Claire1 can give a little impromptu show (wearing a striped shirt)- my personal request, "It's a 1L Life" to the tune of "It's a Hard Knock Life."  Just a little sample of what was in the musical. :) (attempt to show that U of C students do in fact have a sense of humor...once a quarter)

Also, for those of you who are interested in the Musical, Federalist Society, etc - there will be a student organization fair during Wine Mess on Friday.  That should give a great sense of the wide variety of activities available at U of C - ranging from the more intellectual (Burke, various journals) to the goofy (Musical, Phoenix - student newspaper, softball trip) to public interest (StreetLaw, Public Interest Law Society).  You will also get to meet the cast of characters who run (more or less) these groups. :)  And speaking of characters, there should be a number of faculty around... :-X

As was suggested by MindTheGap76, I'd also recommend staying with a student.  That will be the best way to get a sense of the school.  Also, if people are getting onto campus early, I recommended to another student the idea of using the facebook Class of 2010 page to efficiently organize yourselves...

stiped shirt? is this who i think it is? :P

MindTheGap76

• UChicago Alum ('08)
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: March 10, 2007, 08:28:28 PM »

stiped shirt? is this who i think it is? :P

I knew who it was by smiley #3.

« Reply #59 on: March 13, 2007, 06:44:35 AM »
MTG- it says that buses go to Regents Park and New Grad- do you have any clue how long it will take to go thru the tour?